Optibotimus Reviews: Hot Toys Iron Man MK VII from Avengers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Optibotimus

Super Freak
Reaction score
A tad "older", since most of you guys probably already have him. But here's my look at the Mark VII Iron Man from Avengers. Enjoy

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiGS3_zNPv0[/ame]

Both. Especially HT.
I've been reviewing toys on YouTube since October of 2007. But the Hot Toys thing is fairly new. My focus has always been, and always will be Transformer reviews. It's what got me to where i am now and i'll never back off that. But i've always added reviews of other things i always have enjoyed growing up. Things like TMNT, a lot of stuff offered by NECA, some MOTU stuff. Things like that. I did my first Hot Toys review in 2011, which was the Hot Toys Christopher Reeves Superman. The Superman i grew up with. I followed that up almost a year later with the 1989 Batman. Again, the Batman that i personally grew up with. Those figures really impressed me and i loved them. But it's an expensive hobby. So i never really got into it. I bought a couple others from The Avengers and such, but never ended up reviewing them. I did end up review Thor from The Avengers though and i asked if people would like me to do more. I got a huge amount of support for more reviews on those, so i've been adding that to my regular list of stuff now to get and review. I recently partnered up with Sideshow Collectibles to bring more reviews of Hot Toys and Sideshow figures. So hopefully the trend continues. So far the support has been really strong and i love seeing that.

Great review man. Been watching your reviews on Transformers for years,always quality! Didnt know you were into Hot Toys.
Thank you very much! It's always great to hear from other people that have watched my videos previously. See my above message regarding Hot Toys stuff lol it's too much to type out again LOL

Great review but I never noticed that his neck was THAT long. XD Has anyone ever tried modding that?
Which neck? The Tony Stark one or the Iron Man one itself? I think Tony's might look longer because it's just naked. As for Iron Man, his is probably a little longer to facilitate the larger range of motion the head has in enabling him to look up further for things like flying poses.

I'll look into your other reviews. I'm curious how you feel about the Avengers Thor. Peoples opinions are mixed on that one which I happen to like.

You mentioned you grew up with the Reeve Superman and Keaton Batman? So you must be around my age, which is 43. Personally, I don't think I have ever truly grown up. I still enjoy collecting toys and doing things now like I did when I was in my 20s. Eventually I fear that will catch up to me to where my body says enough. Until that day, I will remain both physically and mentally young at heart!

Again, great reviews! :hi5:

i have been watching your videos for about 3 years, obviously for transformers related stuff... but, i have been really enjoying the hot toys stuff in the past year or so.

its a very welcome addition that keeps your channel fresh with a variety of content :clap

I'll look into your other reviews. I'm curious how you feel about the Avengers Thor. Peoples opinions are mixed on that one which I happen to like.

You mentioned you grew up with the Reeve Superman and Keaton Batman? So you must be around my age, which is 43. Personally, I don't think I have ever truly grown up. I still enjoy collecting toys and doing things now like I did when I was in my 20s. Eventually I fear that will catch up to me to where my body says enough. Until that day, I will remain both physically and mentally young at heart!

Again, great reviews! :hi5:

I actually really like Thor. I prefer The Avengers version of him to the original. But i'm curious what they'll do with the "Into Darkness" version.

I'm younger than you, i'm 34. But Reeve has been and always shall be my vision of Superman. Same with Keaton as Batman. And you know what they say...you're only as old as you feel :)

i have been watching your videos for about 3 years, obviously for transformers related stuff... but, i have been really enjoying the hot toys stuff in the past year or so.

its a very welcome addition that keeps your channel fresh with a variety of content :clap

Thank you very much! I'm so very happy to see the support on my channel for these reviews. As we all know, they aren't cheap and the hobby as a whole isn't cheap. So the support for those videos lets me keep bringing them to everyone...and on a little selfish note, it let's me collect them without any worries.

Nice review, just got my figure yesterday and notice the leg thrusters and was wondering why no review had mentioned them then I view your review and lo and behold finally a reviewer that notices this detail, nice job, (PS they are thrusters not repulsors) I absolutely love this figure it has made Loki which is also an awesome figure now drop down to #2 as far as figure of the year for me. can't wait for Hulk but I don't think he can compare to this although the sheer size will win some kudos points.

Dude your reviews are awesome, you went through everything on this figure and used it to ump from one aspect to the next, what a nice watch on a very boring nightshift

Not gunna openly say but I work for a large organization in Canada :lol we work 12 hour shifts and ive been on nights for the last month :(

its gets very boring

I also work nights which is why I asked. And my nights get very boring too at times. Especially during the middle of the week...

Great review! Like many others, I've been watching your Transformers reviews for years and it's great to see you reviewing Hot Toys because your reviews are so detailed but still very entertaining. Love seeing non-Transformers reviews on your channel also!

Back