Has anyone ever hd their usually HT head and hands NOT wrapped in factory plastic ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Chev

Super Freak
Reaction score
Recently, I purchased Hot Toys Sgt. Barnes from a local comic shop. I inspected the box before I bought it and it was in pristine condition with ZERO shelf wear. I got home and inspected the figure and contents and it looked factory fresh. However, I noticed that the hands and other parts didn't have the usual factory plastic wrap. I did an image search and sure enough I saw that other ones did have the plastic wrap. The seal had not been broken and like I said all the contents looked pristine and didn't look tampered with at all.

Had a figure not ship with instructions or extra wrist pegs where the set should have included these, didn't know until later that my set wasn't complete.

There is some possibility that the wrap wasn't applied on the production line... maybe more likely that the comic shop had it displayed or had at least opened and inspected it?

HT Figures weren't always plastic wrapped. That's a newer thing.

That is possible, but I did do an image search and see photos of the figure in his tray still new and he did have his hands wrapped so I don't know. It's possible the comic shop inspected it I don't know why they'd take the plastic off though. I know they don't display any HT stuff.

Had a figure not ship with instructions or extra wrist pegs where the set should have included these, didn't know until later that my set wasn't complete.

There is some possibility that the wrap wasn't applied on the production line... maybe more likely that the comic shop had it displayed or had at least opened and inspected it?

It didn't look like it had been opened, but I'm no expect. It was just strange. Everything was minty fresh except that. I just thought I'd see if anyone has ever had anything like that happen.

Sometimes the figures come with plastic wrap, sometimes they don't. As long as the figure looks mint, I wouldn't worry to much about it.

They do come in wrap, Im guessing that your comic shop had other customers open and inspect it (common practice) or it was a display piece, they likely just discarded the plastic, I wouldn't worry

But remember without the wrappers, your figure basically depreciates by $5 per wrapper since it's no longer 100% complete. Bigger wrappers will cost you even more. And don't forget those original tapes.

Sometimes the figures come with plastic wrap, sometimes they don't. As long as the figure looks mint, I wouldn't worry to much about it.

But remember without the wrappers, your figure basically depreciates by $5 per wrapper since it's no longer 100% complete. Bigger wrappers will cost you even more. And don't forget those original tapes.

Bismark.jpg

Can you pull something else completely out of your ***?

Can you pull something else completely out of your ***?

It's best to not acknowledge him.

I've been collecting Hot Toys I think 3-4 years now and every new one I bought had the plastic wrap. But as said by Buttmunch, it's a newer thing.

he could have kit bashed those parts and returned them to sell the figure complete.

Recently, I purchased Hot Toys Sgt. Barnes from a local comic shop. I inspected the box before I bought it and it was in pristine condition with ZERO shelf wear. I got home and inspected the figure and contents and it looked factory fresh. However, I noticed that the hands and other parts didn't have the usual factory plastic wrap. I did an image search and sure enough I saw that other ones did have the plastic wrap. The seal had not been broken and like I said all the contents looked pristine and didn't look tampered with at all.

As others have mentioned, it is possible it was a QC failure at the factory.. if the seals were unbroken and everything else about the packaging, figure and accessories is absolutely pristine, then I personally wouldn't worry.

yeah all of my HT stuff had the face wrapped as well as hands. but if yours was missing that and it seemed unopened, most likely a mis-step at the factory level.

It is not surprising. Not all sutff are wrapped. The newer ones are more likely to have plastics though.

As others have mentioned, it is possible it was a QC failure at the factory.. if the seals were unbroken and everything else about the packaging, figure and accessories is absolutely pristine, then I personally wouldn't worry.

I'm not too worried. I just was curious if anyone else had that happen before or give an explanation, and I've gotten a few great ones. This thread got more responses than I thought it would.:clap

Back