Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Super Freak
    Feedback
    68 (100%)
    Default Has anyone ever hd their usually HT head and hands NOT wrapped in factory plastic ?

Recently, I purchased Hot Toys Sgt. Barnes from a local comic shop. I inspected the box before I bought it and it was in pristine condition with ZERO shelf wear. I got home and inspected the figure and contents and it looked factory fresh. However, I noticed that the hands and other parts didn't have the usual factory plastic wrap. I did an image search and sure enough I saw that other ones did have the plastic wrap. The seal had not been broken and like I said all the contents looked pristine and didn't look tampered with at all.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Had a figure not ship with instructions or extra wrist pegs where the set should have included these, didn't know until later that my set wasn't complete.

There is some possibility that the wrap wasn't applied on the production line... maybe more likely that the comic shop had it displayed or had at least opened and inspected it?

Two-Faced Mod MODERATOR
    Feedback
    201 (100%)
    Things I'm Selling
    HT Figures weren't always plastic wrapped. That's a newer thing.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    68 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttmunch View Post
    HT Figures weren't always plastic wrapped. That's a newer thing.

That is possible, but I did do an image search and see photos of the figure in his tray still new and he did have his hands wrapped so I don't know. It's possible the comic shop inspected it I don't know why they'd take the plastic off though. I know they don't display any HT stuff.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    68 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lejuan View Post
    Had a figure not ship with instructions or extra wrist pegs where the set should have included these, didn't know until later that my set wasn't complete.

There is some possibility that the wrap wasn't applied on the production line... maybe more likely that the comic shop had it displayed or had at least opened and inspected it?
    It didn't look like it had been opened, but I'm no expect. It was just strange. Everything was minty fresh except that. I just thought I'd see if anyone has ever had anything like that happen.

Sometimes the figures come with plastic wrap, sometimes they don't. As long as the figure looks mint, I wouldn't worry to much about it.

They do come in wrap, Im guessing that your comic shop had other customers open and inspect it (common practice) or it was a display piece, they likely just discarded the plastic, I wouldn't worry
    BTW: Lipsmack is the only person I have EVER put on ignore
    I had to take you of ignore because seeing that you commented is more irritating then reading your comments

But remember without the wrappers, your figure basically depreciates by $5 per wrapper since it's no longer 100% complete. Bigger wrappers will cost you even more. And don't forget those original tapes.

Quote Originally Posted by drunkman View Post
    Sometimes the figures come with plastic wrap, sometimes they don't. As long as the figure looks mint, I wouldn't worry to much about it.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by potato View Post
    But remember without the wrappers, your figure basically depreciates by $5 per wrapper since it's no longer 100% complete. Bigger wrappers will cost you even more. And don't forget those original tapes.

Quote Originally Posted by potato View Post
    Can you pull something else completely out of your ***?
    BTW: Lipsmack is the only person I have EVER put on ignore
    I had to take you of ignore because seeing that you commented is more irritating then reading your comments