What are the best bodies for customs?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cofphoto

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been asked before, but thought it might be worthy of a fresh discussion as there are always new bodies coming onto the market.

My question is - what are some of the better quality bodies (male and female) for making custom 1/6 figures? Clearly the TTM Hot Toys bodies are at the top of the list (TTM19, 20, 21, 22 etc).

I know that the TTM19 (muscular) is one of the most popular:

HotToys_TTM19_Muscular_00.jpg

Here are the newest TTM20 "advanced muscular", TTM21 "standard" and TTM22 "slim" bodies:

203044hwoa8z1dxudyjzas.jpg

203045ubp0jcbybe004kpk.jpg

But they also some of the most expensive. And I believe that when they came out with the 20/21/22, they stopped making the 19 because the TTM19s are going for upwards of $100 on Ebay now?

So aside from those, what are some of the better, less expensive bodies?

I recently bought this one off of Ebay:

$T2eC16dHJGkE9no8iPo3BRGzumFVj!~~60_3.JPG

The title of the auction was "1/6 Action Figure Body custom-Made Narrow Shoulder HeadPlay TTL Hot Toys" and the auction claimed "Similar to Hot Toys TTM18 body, better quality than TTL body".

This body was total crap. Very loose joints, very wobbly, very difficult to stand on it's own. I definitely won't be buying another.

Any suggestions? Anything you've bought that was good or bad that you'd recommend, or recommend staying away from?

Thanks!

It depends on the character if he has an open collar, depends on the body proportions, and what you need like if he's covered in clothing or not, etc.

I love the TTM 19 and the newer bodies, but they can get pretty pricey very quickly.

My three favorites "alternatives" right now are the ACI Christian body, the Enfuse HT replica body, and the ACI Andrew body. The ZCWO bodies are oddly jointed and some of the joints don't match. The Kaustik Plastik body seems to stain really easily and the proportions look odd to me, but that's just my preference.

Thanks for the reply! I'm going to post photos so anyone who reads this thread can have a visual.

So here is the ACI Christian body, available for as low as about $50 on Ebay:

ACI_BodyChristianV0_03.jpg

Here is the Enfuse HT Replica, going for $35 on Ebay:

7053089.jpg

And the ACI Andrew, going for about $60-70 on Ebay:

$T2eC16Z,!)QE9s3HFgCKBRgUrBISs!~~60_57.JPG

Thanks for the reply! I'm going to post photos so anyone who reads this thread can have a visual.

The first thing you need to do is not shop on eBay, you can get much better prices from actual retailers. eBay has done an excellent job of convincing people you can get "flea market" style prices on eBay but in reality sellers add the eBay fees to the item prices, and you end up overpaying.

$60-$70 for an Andrew is way too high. You can get it here for $50. They have the Christian and Enfuse bodies as well.

Last edited:
That would be great, if there were a single retailer in San Diego that carried 1/6 anything, much less nude bodies. Closest retailer to me that sells Hot Toys is nearly a 2 hour drive each way.

Funny that SD is the home of Comic Con, yet there are zero Hot Toys retailers here.

I think you missed the link in my post. There are online retailers that will offer you better prices that exist outside of San Diego that will ship products to you.

I did miss that, thank you. But still $62.78 with tax and shipping (for me at least).

Now that I look more closely at Ebay, there is only one single auction for an Andrew body. I thought it was more popular and that there would be more auctions? This one is basically $69 shipped. So your retailer is still cheaper. I'm just surprised there aren't more of them available? I searched for "aci andrew body".

I don't really have an answer for you. There are so many bodies out there that it really just comes down to a personal preference. The Andrew is about almost two years old, and in this hobby, that's ancient. It doesn't mean it's not a good product, but in the retail business, nobody wants to get stuck with old product.

I would buy only 'name brand' bodies. The ones like you posted above that are just listed as "1/6 custom made narrow headplay ttl" that just spam different brand names, are going to be recast bodies that are either factory seconds or just duplicated one-offs. And they are going to be junk.

There really is no 'best' body. Some people swear by Kaustic Plastik, some love DID bodies, some love Soldier Story. . . there is no right answer. There are also bodies from Enterbay and Blitzway that have sculpted chests and have 'normal guy' proportions, but those are only available parted out and usually expensive. Some people still use old Dragon bodies from 15 years ago, because they're cheap.

I'm not sure if you're wanting this thread to be a reference point for all the bodies available, or if you just want to know the best body for a figure you want to make, but honestly, it's just going to be a trial and error. You're going to keep buying new bodies until you find one you like. Most serious customizers here have bins of bodies that they have available for use. Everything has its purpose.

To be honest i really do like the ACI stuff as the quality is great with bodies and everything else they do.
Also you can swap arms and legs to give the exact proportions you need.
I think the hot toys TTM19 is reaching silly money and not worth it in my opinion.

Also like people have said depends on if you can see the neck , torso or naked arms.
Some bodies have very well detailed arms , and some of the bodies have the neck joint system.
I prefer the version with the neck sculpted into the torso.
But some sculptors choose to do sculpts with necks so you need the other bodies.

But like people say usually go for online shops and not Ebay as they can charge high shipping fees and what not.

Thanks! I was trying to create a thread that could be used as a reference for people - something to tell people what are good bodies and what are bad bodies.

Like the one that I bought for example. It was cheap, and I know that you get what you pay for. But I never would have thought that the joints would be SO loose that the body couldn't stand up on it's on. That's just ridiculous. It's like selling a cup with a hole in the bottom.

I recently got a Hitfigure body from Ebay. I think it is a Hot Toys clone. The quality is quite good. Much better the the Custom body.

Those bodies seem reasonably priced. Can you post a photo of the one that you got? Some of them look like the upper body looks really nice but the lower body looks cheaper? Which is no problem if the figure is wearing pants and shoes. :)

Anyone know much about this body by Kaustic, the athletic body? I thought their bodies were pretty good quality. Looks like this body goes for $50-60 on Ebay but is currently on sale for $35 at Cotsworld Collectibles.

https://www.gijoeelite.com/f_itemPart.asp?strPart=GIKP-03A

537175_10151304553319823_1554719621_n.jpg

Hahaaaaa! I was just about to ask the same question.
They look pretty good but look over sculpted to me if that makes sense?
For instance the neck detail is too deep.
Also the upper body looks odd were the rib cage is , looks very wide.
But i guess it makes no difference when the whole body is clothed but for me the neck is the main thing.
Especially with figures using open collar's and what not.

I'd like to know about that one too, I've seen it on Ebay and it looks nice.

Since there isn't much feedback on this subject, I may buy a few of them myself to do a comparison.

I haven't used the KAustic Plastic Atheletic body there, but I have used some of their older bodies from some of the earlier gladiator figures.
Here's a link : https://www.toyanxiety.com/muscularmalecaucasiankp01a-nudebodyincludesjointsandfeet-nohead.aspx
The quality if pretty great, nice joints, compatible with hot toys hand and feet. Size wise I'd say it between a true type standard and slim.
The wide hips tend to scare people off, but I think the balance out the build and you wouldn't be bothered by them once it's dressed up.

Cingen, I bought one of these on eBay and the left arm on mine kind of welded together and could not turn. It took me a while to get a replacement (about 2 months) from KGHobby since they ship from China. Some areas of the body are loose like the wrist pins on the hands, the knee and sometimes the left hip ball joint. That's just my experience.

I suggest using the Enfuse body that is posted earlier. It's identical, but the joints on that body seems to be a bit tighter. I use it for all of my customs and I have about 20 of them now and have not had any problems yet.

Cingen, I bought one of these on eBay and the left arm on mine kind of welded together and could not turn. It took me a while to get a replacement (about 2 months) from KGHobby since they ship from China. Some areas of the body are loose like the wrist pins on the hands, the knee and sometimes the left hip ball joint. That's just my experience.

I suggest using the Enfuse body that is posted earlier. It's identical, but the joints on that body seems to be a bit tighter. I use it for all of my customs and I have about 20 of them now and have not had any problems yet.

https://www.benl.ebay.be/itm/enFUSE...5234?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item2a2b4ba932 is this the one you mean? Is it the equivaling to the TTM 21? I get confused by the "narrow shoulders" in the names lately since hot toys their old narrow shoulders now are called regular :p

Back