The Lord of the Rings Polystone Statue and PF Lines are alive!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

masterside

Super Freak
Reaction score
I would like to know if this rumor is true or not?

I'm a big fan of the Polystone Statue Line and also Premium Format from Sideshow.

Please, CAhobbit can you reassure fans of Lord of the Rings?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Re: The Lord of the Rings Polystone Statue and PF Lines are dead?

Good luck with that. I've been trying to get some official word on what's up with the Disney PF line since the previous SDCC.

Communication just isn't something Sideshow do.

Yeah you can say that again...this is the best I could get out of them.

"Hi Bill,

Thanks for your email and for your kind words. It’s been a pleasure bringing you LOTR collectibles of all shapes and sizes. While I myself don’t know and specifics about any particular lines, I do know that we have some LOTR pieces still up our sleeves. Middle Earth is still being explored by Sideshow and not to give up hope on anything.

Best Regards,

Michael Tolentino
Customer Service Manager"

As I said in other threads, make of it what you will.

It does sound like we may get the odd piece or two before the end...but you never know with Sideshow. :slap

There has been pseudo confirmation that the maquette line is done. With Weta announcing a new 1/6th statue line for LOTR, not sure how both SS and Weta can have the same license...so we can assume that the rumor and pseudo confirmation are true.

The PF line is still up in the air...they have a Hobbit license...which we can only assume is PF since Weta has the 1/6th license. As far as LOTR and PFs...we'll see what they announce in the short term.

At this point at least for myself I don't care what SS does. If they come out with something I'll look at it and see if I'll buy it or not. Weta has got my attention now. Until then all any of us can do really is just wait and see. That's it.

I wouldn't be surprised if SS released at least another 5 different premium format orc's in the next year. Orc's you only see for a fraction of a second in the 12 hour trilogy. It seems like orc's and villians are the only pf's they care to make. As for the fellowship and their helpers - SS couldn't care less :mad: Now Weta on the other hand: 13 dwarfs ................... hey .............. we make them all, no worries. And Bilbo ..... and Gandalf and the trolls and Gollum and Azog and and and ...... SS: can you see the pattern?

It seems like orc's and villians are the only pf's they care to make. As for the fellowship and their helpers - SS couldn't care less :mad: Now Weta on the other hand: 13 dwarfs ................... hey .............. we make them all, no worries. And Bilbo ..... and Gandalf and the trolls and Gollum and Azog and and and ...... SS: can you see the pattern?

:lecture :exactly:

Wish they were a more fan-friendly company like Weta,because I prefer their works :monkey2

I don't know why SS can't complete the Fellowship in PF it's not like any they have done already are still in stock. Funnily enough the only one that is is an orc. Even tho I love their monsters from this series every PF is a home run I think they let themselves down on Legolas and that has led to the end of the "normal" looking human based PF's for the line. The PF pose should of been the the one they used on the smaller statue. I want a Gimli :(

me thinks weta will be exploring the 1/6 scale license while ss will stick to the PF 1/4 scale pieces.

Weta has the 1:6 license.

Why can't they both have it?

When it comes to 1/6 figures more than one seem to have it.

I wonder if SSC would be able to release a Merry and Pippen Marquette if they already had it in the works.

I don't know. Not sure how that all works.

I would think if they have one all ready to go they could do so until the their license expires.

Maybe the license for SS says something like 'license for 1/6th characters from LOTR with NON-BLACK bases and depicting character essence' and license for Weta may be 'license for 1/6th characters from LOTR depicting specific scenes from trilogy of movies WITH black bases'.

I can see where this could be something that the licensor goes for...basically two companies doing the same thing...and perhaps doubling their sales.

I know...VERY far fetched...but could be possible.

Hmmm ... I suppose there's no reason WB couldn't give two companies the same license. I guess we're just assuming the licenses are exclusive. Without knowing precisely how the agreements are worded, it makes it hard to know much for sure.

Or maybe they're allowing them to overlap for a while? Whilst one winds down and the other ramps up?

The lines are not dead. They are just under review and may be revised in the near future :lecture

(Deja vu moment anyone? :wink1: )

So Sauron could be the end of the SS line? I'm not interested in 1/6th scale anything....bummer.

I don't know why SS can't complete the Fellowship in PF it's not like any they have done already are still in stock. Funnily enough the only one that is is an orc.

:exactly: :goodpost: :lecture

So Sauron could be the end of the SS line? I'm not interested in 1/6th scale anything....bummer.

I don't think so, SS said they were having a big LOTR/Hobbit announcement after SDCC so I guess that will be when we find out more info. I for one am in for future PFs

Hmmm ... I suppose there's no reason WB couldn't give two companies the same license. I guess we're just assuming the licenses are exclusive. Without knowing precisely how the agreements are worded, it makes it hard to know much for sure.

Or maybe they're allowing them to overlap for a while? Whilst one winds down and the other ramps up?

The license has always been exclusive in the past and since we are talking lmited edition collectibles, I would think it needs to be.

Just imagine if two seperate companies, neither of which are part of each others planning had the same license. You can then get, Company A puts up for pre-order an Aragorn 1/6th scale statue.

A week later, Company B puts up for sale and in stock, an Aragorn 1/6th scale statue. Same scale, same license, same likeness, both polystone, both say 1000 ES as each Company thinks that's about right for the market.
Company A gets almost no pre-orders, while Company B sells fairly well but even when Company A finally starts shipping, B still has some of there's in stock.

Both spent a fair amount of time and development money getting each made, but only one is heading for a profit, while the other a large loss.

Nope, totally unworkable and no collectible company would go for it, hence the rights are always exclusive.

Back