CW series The Flash

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natrix

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://www.deadline.com/2013/07/cw...-greg-berlanti-andrew-kreisberg-david-nutter/

EXCLUSIVE: Another DC Comics male superhero is looking to join the CW’s lineup. I’ve learned that the network is fast tracking Flash, a drama project based on the DC character from the Arrow team of co-creators Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg and director David Nutter. The CW is expected to discuss the project at today’s TCA presentation. I hear there is an idea is to introduce The Flash on Arrow next season before spinning it off into its own series. I hear Flash will be written by Berlanti, Kreisberg and DC Entertainment’s Geoff Johns who also has written for Arrow. Nutter, who helmed the Arrow pilot, will direct the potential pilot, while Berlanti and Kreisberg are expected to run the potential series. Marc Guggenheim, who developed and executive produces Arrow with Berlanti and Kreisberg, is not involved in Flash as he busy with Arrow, now heading into its second season.

Expanding DC’s footprint on the CW has been a priority for the network and DC sibling Warner Bros. TV, especially following the departure of the long-running Smallville and in light of the recent success of Arrow, one of few breakout hits last season. This past development season, the CW developed a Wonder Woman origins project, which didn’t go to pilot. The network in May commissioned a new script with a new writer which has been delivered, but I hear the network has hit the pause button on the project. Flash is certain to get a priority given its A-list auspices. Arrow is one of the CW’s top series, along with The Vampire Diaries and veteran Supernatural, all three of which are being used to spawn new series. The network used The Vampire Diaries last season to spin off The Originals, while Supernatural‘s upcoming ninth season also will feature a planted spinoff episode.

Created by writer Gardner Fox and artist Harry Lampert, The Flash is a name shared by several comic book superheroes from the DC universe. All incarnations possess “super-speed” or an ability to run and move extremely fast and use superhuman reflexes. The second Flash alter ego, Barry Allen, headlined the 1990 CBS live-action series The Flash starring John Wesley Shipp. Incarnations of The Flash character also have appeared in the Young Justice animated series. Berlanti and Johns are XWarner Bros. several years ago. In addition to Arrow, Berlanti has new CW series The Tomorrow People.

Last edited:
Re: The Flash TV Series on The CW

I actually really like this idea. I've seen about half of Arrow season one, but a spinoff is just the motivation I need to finish it off. Hopefully the new show is good!

Awesome, glad to see them expanding the TV-verse. Using the team that did Arrow is a good idea, althoughthey have had a few mis-steps, overall I think the series is solid and I like most of the supporting characters.

I just want to know if they plan on using any of the TV cast of characters in the films now. Or would they get another Flash and/or Green Arrow for a Justice League film? Seems like it would be easier to keep the TV casts.

Im excited, I Think you can do alot more with comic characters in a tv format than film, shure you can get massive amounts of production value and big action pieces on film but the dramatic storylines that are in the comics can be fleshed out over episodes, even seasons! So im interested to see where this goes.

Arrow for the most part is good. They get to the point, i can see the Flash having an origin story but hopefully being a hero first and formost. But remember, Its the CW, that means some form of teen drama good or bad.

I hope this means WB has finally realzied they can have a TV Flash AND a Movie Flash and either be the same or different and not have to compete with eachother. Fans of the character will know the difference.

Last edited:

Bump for news on the Flash pilot.

The Flash TV show must be looking good, because The CW just decreed that the scarlet speedster will get a stand-alone pilot, and not the "back-door pilot" he was previously given. This means that the Flash pilot will be presented as the first episode of The Flash TV show, instead of getting tucked in as Arrow's 20th episode.

Barry Allen will still be making his first appearance in Arrow episodes 8 and 9 before donning his iconic costume in his pilot. According to Deadline, The CW execs were so impressed with the character in those episodes they made the call to move his first appearance as a superhero from a late-in-the-season Arrow episode to his own official debut. Not only is this a major vote of confidence in the show, but pilots get much bigger budgets than regular episodes — which the "back-door pilot" would have obviously been one of — so this is very good news all-around.

I want this to work, but I feel like Arrow works in part do the resurgent popularity of archery, and the main character being a pretty violent dude. Not sure The Flash is gonna have the same violence factor, unless they really leverage the bad guys. But then the Flash is gonna look like a softy running around them.

We'll see.

Separate, I hope. :pray:

In one sense, it's a bummer because it'd give them another venue to start building a combined cinematic universe. On the other hand, if the DCCU winds up becoming the complete cluster**** it looks like it's gonna be, having the TV-verse separate saves it from being collateral damage. :lol

After Green Lantern ate it at the box office, I don't think WB has any confidence in their characters outside of Bats, Supes and maybe WW for movies. That was such a colossal stumble, it crippled every other character outside of the big 3. If they can make more DC shows the caliber of Arrow, it's fine with me them being on tv.

The CW released an image Monday of Glee's Grant Gustin making his debut on Arrow as Barry Allen, the man who will become the heroic Flash, in the Dec. 4 episode titled "The Scientist."

arrow_grant_gustin.jpg

I've never seen Glee, so I go in with no preconceived notions of this guy. Hope he gets a suit as good as the one on the old Flash series.

Really? That suit was terrible. I'd rather see them pull a smallvile track jacket than go with a goofy rubber suit. Wonder if they can pull off something closer to the golden age, minus the weird hat.

Back