Statue Gentle Giant - Sandtrooper on Dewback Animated Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr Lexus

Super Freak
Reaction score
Couldn't find a thread on this one, so thought I'd start one for the Sandtrooper on Dewback Animated Maquette, as it's a piece I've ordered.:)

I don't know, I just like statues with an animated or comic style. They are a bit more cute and the bright colours usually present well I find.

It's sorta pricey for GG Star Wars statue but not super pricey if you take into account the upward trend in SS maquette prices. Really hope GG continue this line.

Edition size is a petite 375.

Anyone have any in-hand pics yet?

oy0_Ie.jpg

prevsandtrooperd.jpg

prevsandtrooperc.jpg

always liked that GG Dewback.. gosh those prices for this piece were crazy.. seams to get down a bit now..

I think it looks fantastic, but is literally twice as expensive as it should be. Gentle Giant has really been pushing it with their prices recently, although not for everything. I still can't believe they were charging $150 for the SDCC-exclusive Fett bust. I had that on my "to buy" list since it was announced, but the price and lackluster appearance of the final version made me reconsider.

I have / want most of the GG animaquettes but this one doesn't interest me much, especially for this price.

Yeah I have a bunch of the animated pieces and this one looks great but I've given up on GG. Their prices have gone way up and the quality has gone down.

This one has now shipped, so yay, first inhand pics from Rebelscum (Sexydrummerboy1):

102_6521.JPG

102_6525.JPG

102_6544.JPG

102_6542.JPG

102_6539.JPG

102_6534.JPG

Looks good! I'd love to see it next to the other Animaquettes so we can get a sense of scale.

I got a few so when it arrives will post some pics of mine, should be fairly large I imagine if it's to scale with the recent scout trooper/ewok statue, but not sure if it is.

Anyone knows how big / dimensions?

I'm hoping the sandtrooper is the usual animated size and the dewback is big in scale with him.

Well half a year late but this one finally arrived to yours truly in London-town.

I tell you what, it's one big and heavy piece, the base weighs a tonne and the diametre is really quite ginormous.

All in all, very cool and I like it a lot, it seemed pricey but in person it's got PF type dimensions so I can appreciate it cost a bit.

Still, due to space reasons have to store it for the time being.

Some piccies, one with a scout trooper for comparison.

RbmV4pd.jpg

HLO8esc.jpg

pXieb2a.jpg

I love the animated stuff, and this statue is really cool, but for that kind of coin Id rather get the SS dewback and somehow get a SS sandtrooper.

Back