B/3 FULL METAL GHOST (threezero)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gimbat

Super Freak
Reaction score
B/3 is the collaboration brand between Bandai, the biggest Japanese toy manufacturer, and ThreeZero who is well known for it's unique ideas and high quality.

The 100% original mechanical robot series designed by Mr. Kunio Okawara, who is the one of the most famous Japanese designer created GUNDAM.

The cloth parts were inspired by Japanese Shogun Kimono.

Figure comes with 1/12th scale pilot, which is designed by Kenny Wong.

Full Metal Ghost will be offered for pre-order 4th quarter of 2013; price range is about USD 330 – 360. Will be offered via retailers as well (so it will be available outside Japan).

Here are few older photos and designs (all clickable):

And full reveal from yesterday's Hong Kong Anime Convention in Hong-Kong (all clickable as well):

Last edited:
1/12th scale pilot designed by Kenny Wong

The unpainted prototype to show how Full Metal Ghost can be articulated and detail of the cockpit for 1/12th scale pilot.

Last edited:
The design is awesome and I'm assuming the 1/12 figure comes with the full metal ghost? Furthermore is the painted prototype on display the final paint scheme they're going to use because I noticed that the face has different colors than in older pictures. For example, the fangs are painted silver in old pictures and the edge of the face is now red and not gold. Overall though, I'm much happier with the current color scheme they have on display and I hope this is the final colors they go with.

The design is awesome and I'm assuming the 1/12 figure comes with the full metal ghost? Furthermore is the painted prototype on display the final paint scheme they're going to use because I noticed that the face has different colors than in older pictures. For example, the fangs are painted silver in old pictures and the edge of the face is now red and not gold. Overall though, I'm much happier with the current color scheme they have on display and I hope this is the final colors they go with.

1/12th figure is included in with Full Metal Ghost.

Older photos show earlier versions, pretty sure that the one showed yesterday in Hong Kong is the final revision. I'll confirm with the office and get back to you.

And please let me know if you have more questions, will be happy to help :)

Reminds me a lot of Crossbone X2.

I don't understand what Threezero is though. Is it just a sub section of ThreeA?

I had seen this before and I thought it was a collaboration between Bandai's Gundam franchise and Three A, but this looks like an original property which the only thing in common is that it is Mecha based

Reminds me a lot of Crossbone X2.

I don't understand what Threezero is though. Is it just a sub section of ThreeA?

threezero started in 1999 and was founded by Kim Fung Wong in Hong Kong. Fun fact - threezero logo is created by great Michael Lau.

In 2007 Kim met Ashley Wood (an artist, you got to google him, if you don't know) and they decided to make figures together, based on Ash's artistic vision and Universes, like WWR, Popbot and etc.

threezero + Ashley Wood = threeA (or more modern name, which we use now: 3A)

that's how threeA was born in 2008

While threeA was making figures designed by Ashley Wood and acquiring licenses (Bandai; HALO; Portal 2; TF2; MGS; Capcom Lost Planet 2, 2000AD) threezero continued to exist and making various figures, like my personal favorite Squadts for Ferg/Jamungo.

This year threezero acquired ACM The Walking Dead license, doing B/3 thing with Bandai and have many other plans.

threezero don't have FB, twitter, website or other presence yet, all these coming along later on unfortunately.

Quickly googled Kim, if some prefer double-check or you don't want to take my word for it:
https://designertoyawards.com/board/kim-fung-wong

1/12th figure is included in with Full Metal Ghost.

Older photos show earlier versions, pretty sure that the one showed yesterday in Hong Kong is the final revision. I'll confirm with the office and get back to you.

And please let me know if you have more questions, will be happy to help :)

Thanks for the info!:yess: If that is indeed the final paint scheme I definitely see myself buying this. Will the main robot be all plastic and cloth material? I can see multiple paint schemes for the 1/12 figure in the back are those planned for future releases or are they just sketches at this point?

They had one at the San Diego Comic Con this year as well. They put him super low in a case though so I could not get good pictures. Looks really cool.

They also had the Walking Dead proto-types for Merle and Michonne's "pet" zombies.

They had one at the San Diego Comic Con this year as well. They put him super low in a case though so I could not get good pictures. Looks really cool.

They also had the Walking Dead proto-types for Merle and Michonne's "pet" zombies.

The Walking Dead stuff is being discussed here, if you are looking for more info. I answered on questions there too.

Thanks for the info!:yess: If that is indeed the final paint scheme I definitely see myself buying this. Will the main robot be all plastic and cloth material? I can see multiple paint schemes for the 1/12 figure in the back are those planned for future releases or are they just sketches at this point?

As far, as I know that's pretty much final version (maybe small changes will be made) and that's how the figure will be offered. But want to hear the confirmation from Kim.

Photos taken by 3A forum member kadoo taken at Chara-Hobby Con 2013 (held in Japan).

You can see the pilot inside Full Metal Ghost on last photos...

Back