Mattel 1966 Batman and Robin figures review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michael Crawford

Super Freak
Reaction score
Tonight I have the first review of many on one of my dream licenses - the 1966 classic Batman show! I'm looking at Mattel's two pack of Batman and Robin, climbing the wall just like every episode. You can find my toughts at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading, and have a great weekend!

Michael
MWC

Yea, it's a TRU exclusive. EE had it at SDCC too, but it should be in stores soon, and it's already been on the website a couple times for pre-order

Nice review as always Michael. :)

Man - are those tags on the capes huge or what! :lol The figures are disappointing actually - especially considering their significance in the collectibles time line, & the anticipation fans worldwide had for them.

I won't be getting them anyway - strictly sticking to the Hot Toys figures, but it's great that they've made them anyway. I imagine the 6" stuff will still sell well regardless of the QC issues etc.

Nice review as always Michael. :)

Man - are those tags on the capes huge or what! :lol The figures are disappointing actually - especially considering their significance in the collectibles time line, & the anticipation fans worldwide had for them.

I won't be getting them anyway - strictly sticking to the Hot Toys figures, but it's great that they've made them anyway. I imagine the 6" stuff will still sell well regardless of the QC issues etc.

Yeah the pics in the review make these look terrible- hope in hand they look much much better- which is often the case

Thanks for the honest critique. As much as I'm happy to see this license finally get mass produced, I'm of the opinion there is no rush to go out and buy just ANYTHING made. Especially not with so many companies looking to compete with that license. So, as a consumer, I feel that I carry the advantage of being able to pick and choose from the variety of product coming out. Mattel has a rich history of producing overpriced and cheaply made figures. I've seen the Batmobile and for the asking price, it looks way too toy-ish to replace a large scale die cast version I currently have on display. Seeing these figures sitting in it would only add to that diminished appearance of cheapness. I'll pass. Right now I'm more curious to see what FTC does with their Mego-scale '66 line. Especially with Farrow doing the sculpts. Since I'm a 60's and 70's kid, that type of figure will cater more to my interests and nostalgic inclinations.

Just read your review of the figures, I know the quality is not quite there but i love the retro style packaging and it could be a great present for my mum! She loved the adam west batman show. I'm trying to find some in the UK which is proving quite difficult, the only one iv'vew found is priced at £55 (around $80-90) and i can see that the price is too much.

Back