The DCAU thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jameson Rook

Super Freak
Reaction score
Since there's no particular thread to discuss the entirety of the DCAU, I though I'd make one. Dare we say the DCAU is the greatest fictional continuity of all time? I'd like to think so!

TV series:

Batman: The Animated Series
Superman: The Animated Series
The New Batman Adventures
Batman Beyond
Static Shock
The Zeta Project
Justice League
Justice League Unlimited

Films:

Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
Batman & Mr. Freeze: SubZero
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker
Batman: Mystery of the Batwoman

Its pretty sad that the animated stuff is better than the live action movies

People like Bruce Timm and Paul Dini were never called to work on the live action stuff. And isn't Dini with Marvel now?

THE_SUPERFRIENDS_(1973_-_1974).jpg

Timm said he will never do a blu ray set. Believes it would take away from the show.

I know it's not part of the Bruce Timm set of shows, but I would include Batman: The Brave and The Bold on this list. One, because it's awesome. Two, because James Tucker (part of the Timm/Burnett team of Producers and show runners) was one of its Producers.

I felt The Green Lantern Animated Series was fantastic! Surprised that is not on the list.

These shorts are kind of depressing, though, if this is all we're going to see of Beyond and Timm's Batverse (Strange Days).

So.... saw my first "disappointing" DC AU flick last night. Saw it on the guide and thought I'd check it out, was pretty excited cause I really haven't seen much with Supes in it, but I didn't even make it all the way through the flick.

Anyways, Lex sets Superman up to get Super Sun Cancer and from there the whole movie goes full retard.... I can't even write a review for it wnithout sounding like I had a bad acid trip. this flick was so all over the place its like they scribed a bunch of thoughts from random 6 year olds hopped up on caffeine and somehow smashed them all into one Superman cartoon.

Back