Justice League: War animated movie

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natrix

Super Freak
Reaction score
Justice League The Flashpoint Paradox is set to hit shelves later this month on the 30th. The film, that much like the comic, will kick off the redesigned look for DC’s upcoming animated movies. The first movie that they will be bringing us will be titled Justice League: War. The film is based on the first Justice League book that DC released in their New 52 that was written by Geoff Johns with art from Jim Lee.

As part of the special features of the Flashpoint Paradox, DC/WB will release a preview for the movie. The video offers up a behind the scenes look at the movie, as well as some story board with voice overs, and interviews with the cast and crew.

Justice League: War will star Jason O’Mara as Batman, Alan Tudyk as Superman, Michelle Monaghan as Wonder Woman, Justin Kirk as Green Lantern, Christopher Gorham as The Flash, and Shemar Moore as Cyborg. Famed DC animation movie director Jay Oliva will direct the film, which will be released in 2014.

[ame]https://youtu.be/h7tnj8xY4oY[/ame]

Alan Tudyk as Superman??

Who would have though that both Wash and Jayne would end up as Superman, Zoe as Superwoman, and River as Supergirl.

What became of Captain Mal? he's just the Green Lantern, that's who. :lol

Just watched this. Wasn't bad, although nothing special. I did love the little teaser at the end though for the follow up. And Green Lantern I thought was genuinely funny in a few scenes.

Does anybody know what the 4 bonus cartoons on the Bly Ray/DVD are? I love that they usually include some classic episodes from the various animated series'.

I loved this, it was lighthearted and funny, I appreciated the jokes they added that weren't in the book, my gf and I were loling hard at some bits, I liked the changes they made as well, I mean, it's a different medium, it doesn't have to be the same as the book, Superman vs Batman scene was freaking fantastic, they need to do something like that for the live action movie.

I liked Darkseid's voice.

Story-wise wasn't the bestest of the animated movies, but this sure was the most fun!

Can't wait for the soundtrack.

Watched this last night with my son . It was a blast. Highly recommended.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

I have to agree I thought Darkseid's voice was really great. I also loved Green Lantern's little jokes, I thought he was really done well.

I didn't enjoy it as much as I wanted to. I did enjoy the Green Lantern and his scenes with Batman but other than that I was disappointed. I've read the comic and kinda hoped they'd elaborate on the story a bit more with this animated flick.

I'd still say it's worth a watch though, GL is awesome in it and the action is actually pretty cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GL and Flash has the same (Ryan Reynolds)personalities, and what's with Darkseid being so damn powerful?

It's funny how people are praising GL's personality here, yet crucified Reynolds' interpretation in the live-action for it. :lol
Some people just don't like Reynolds, beats me why :dunno: He's a cool dude in my book.

GL and Flash has the same (Ryan Reynolds)personalities, and what's with Darkseid being so damn powerful?

Not really, in this one the Flash's personality is more righteous and sober, less jokes and instead GL is on a joke rampage :lol

What's wrong with DS being a little more powerful?

Last edited:
I don't ever recall seeing CSevans or GasparZizou criticising Reynolds Green Lantern, but maybe I missed it. And I've never seen the Green Lantern movie so I certainly haven't criticised it. I've also not read a whole lot of Green Lantern comics, only a few here and there, so I'm only going by what was here on screen, regardless of how the character "should be" he made me laugh a few times.

I think he referred to the general opinion regarding Reynolds' GL, I thought the movie was ok, I don't quite get all the hate for that movie.

Ahh, the fact that he decided to post that in here after we had said we liked Green Lanterns portrayal made it sound as though he was accusing the people in this thread of being hypocrites in some way. Glad that's cleared up.

Ahh, the fact that he decided to post that in here after we had said we liked Green Lanterns portrayal made it sound as though he was accusing the people in this thread of being hypocrites in some way. Glad that's cleared up.

<-- actually dug the GL movie and like the fact they're exorcising the sourpuss out of Hal. :wave

I watched this a week ago; is this how new 52 DC universe is now? Batman remains untouched (maybe flash too) but I can't stand wonder woman, lantern and superman at times.

Not the entire New 52, but, yeah, that's pretty much how Origins went. The only real difference was that Aquaman was in Shazam's place. With that in mind, I'm glad that Throne of Atlantis seems to be next on the roster, rather than that horrid arc about "David Graves" and the Tibetan Spirit Wraiths, or whatever. Blurgh. I must say, though, that, while I'm not the Johns and Lee hater that some of the people on this board are, if DC wants New 52 stories that make awesome films, they could start by removing their heads from the CFO's and the co-publisher's respective buttocks'. As overrun as this line is with Batman movies, as far as the New 52 goes, I'd take an Animated "Court/City of Owls" movie over Johns and Lee's JL any day of the week.

Not the entire New 52, but, yeah, that's pretty much how Origins went. The only real difference was that Aquaman was in Shazam's place. With that in mind, I'm glad that Throne of Atlantis seems to be next on the roster, rather than that horrid arc about "David Graves" and the Tibetan Spirit Wraiths, or whatever. Blurgh. I must say, though, that, while I'm not the Johns and Lee hater that some of the people on this board are, if DC wants New 52 stories that make awesome films, they could start by removing their heads from the CFO's and the co-publisher's respective buttocks'. As overrun as this line is with Batman movies, as far as the New 52 goes, I'd take an Animated "Court/City of Owls" movie over Johns and Lee's JL any day of the week.

Court/Night of Owls should easily be on the list. I would also love for them to finally do Blackest Night, but since that is not likely to happen maybe Forever Evil?

I hated Reynold as Hal, but that's because his Hal was so whiney. Hal was never that bad, and he was always the fearless one, not the one who bugged out all the time. But Reynolds was the least of my problems with the film.I always thought he would be awesome as Wally West/Flash. And DC should still really consider doing that.

Back