ComiXology

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gdb

Super Freak
Reaction score
I thought I'd start a thread dedicated to the popular app, its great deals and its issues (no pun intended).

For me, I used to read trades because I hate having to store and care for individual comic books. But when I got my iPad last year I switched to digital comics through ComiXology and have never looked back.

Does anyone use the sideways feature in the latest update? I tried it once but felt like I was reading a tiny comic book.

Hulk is on the 99 cent sale today, including the planet Hulk storyline. Never read it, heard it's good.

Last edited:
Get the planet hulk story arc, ITS BOSS!

But I don't like comixology, takes up too much memory. Plus... I love the omnibus and osHC's.

Thanks for the recommendation! Yeah I think I will I get it, I mean you can't beat $14.

Yeah, I'm still holding onto my Absolute editions. ComiXology can't compete with the big boys. Not until they make iPads the size of a coffee table book.

Love comixology. Its perfect to read on my tablet. I kind of gotten away from buying physical copies of books since I don't have much room. I have sold off most of my hard copies and stuck to digital. Plus comixology has some great deals.

Love comixology. Its perfect to read on my tablet. I kind of gotten away from buying physical copies of books since I don't have much room. I have sold off most of my hard copies and stuck to digital. Plus comixology has some great deals.

I just learned you have to be careful when you take advantage of their great deals. I thought I was buying the entire run on American Vampire for 99 cents and just yesterday discovred my fat fingers skipped two issues. :lol. Oh, we'll, just a $2 mistake.

I just learned you have to be careful when you take advantage of their great deals. I thought I was buying the entire run on American Vampire for 99 cents and just yesterday discovred my fat fingers skipped two issues. :lol. Oh, we'll, just a $2 mistake.

:rotfl that really sucks! Oh well its only 2 issues. When they have teh great deals and they have the trades on sale as well I usually just grab those. Not really sure why, but I prefer the trades on my tablet and singles in person.

:rotfl that really sucks! Oh well its only 2 issues. When they have teh great deals and they have the trades on sale as well I usually just grab those. Not really sure why, but I prefer the trades on my tablet and singles in person.

Yeah I always prefer the trades. Except then sometimes during the sales the single issiues are cheaper because sometimes the issue number one is free by itself but the trade comes down to a buck an issue. ...but then also sometimes there's a price break so then it's cheaper to get the trade. :lol

Predictably there's a massive Wolverine sale this weekend. I highly recommend the Old Man Logan arc. One of the best superhero arcs I've read.

Does anyone know if the Enemy of the State arc is worth my $12.87?

Last edited:
Got an iPad mini just to read comics on, well mostly. Waller recommended Comixology, and I love it. Of course they don't have Dark Horse, so I've got that too for Star Wars and others.

I love the sales. Last week I got From Hell for $3.99! That's just unheard of. Also, I love the reading style. I read panel by panel, and when I wanna see the whole page, double tap. So easy.

I really love it, and am so happy to be back into comics. I was too busy with full time work and full time school for the last three years.

My only issue with this and Dark Horse, would be the multiple small charges. I gotta figure it out a bit still, but have plenty to read in the interim.

I'll continue to collect "important" items like Hellboy Library editions for the shelf, but I might even be tempted to double dip and get the digital version as well to keep the hardcovers in excellent condition.

I forgot to mention last night, and honestly, I don't know why I was posting so late anyway, but...

It was mentioned to me, by Shadow5, that if you buy comics on the website, you won't be charged tax, but that you could be charged tax if you buy them in the application.

Just saying... :D

Predictably there's a massive Wolverine sale this weekend. I highly recommend the Old Man Logan arc. One of the best superhero arcs I've read.

Does anyone know if the Enemy of the State arc is worth my $12.87?

No Miller Wolverine mini or the Weapon X storyline from Marvel Comics Presents. Typical! :gah:

I forgot to mention last night, and honestly, I don't know why I was posting so late anyway, but...

It was mentioned to me, by Shadow5, that if you buy comics on the website, you won't be charged tax, but that you could be charged tax if you buy them in the application.

Just saying... :D

Never been charged tax for anything I've bought in the App Store or in app purchases.

Marvel 1602 is on sale this weekend. I can't vouch for the non-Gaiman followups, but I really liked the original miniseries.

There's a kick-*** sale on Kick-*** this weekend. Just the first series though.

Never been charged tax for anything I've bought in the App Store or in app purchases.

Awesome, maybe they've changed it. I definitely was months and months ago, maybe it's been eliminated. Or maybe it's a weird region thing.

Great thread, by the way. I buy about 60-70% of my comics through ComiXology. It's just so damn convenient. And of course, you can read in the dark. :)

There's a kick-*** sale on Kick-*** this weekend. Just the first series though.

Yeah, I was kinda bummed about that, but I guess Kick-*** 2 and Hit-Girl are both recent releases.

I love comixology. I get my comic fix from them all the time.

You cannot beat the weekly sales and the convenience of carrying your collection everywhere you go. One of the greatest things about the service is that you can read your material through almost every single digital device in the market today. It simplifies the experience and makes it more affordable.

I still continue to purchase my favorite hardcover collections once in awhile, but single issues in paper format are becoming a thing of the past. At least for me. ;)

Back