Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 129 of 610 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179229 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 6094
  1. #1281

    Default Re: Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

    Ordered Brown froom Sideshow yesterday as I want the second head sculpt. My 8 year old daughter and I just went frame by frame on the bluray after I told her about the debate. I was curious after reading someone thought there could have been both colors worn. We could not find a scene where the coat wasn't clearly brown in direct light. When He mounts the Tauntaun in the base it's in direct light. When he shoots the Probe Droid right when he fires also. When Chewie is working on the Falcon Han os next to him and his sleeve goes into the light. As he is talking with the deck officer holding 3PO by the mouth he walks away just after under an overhead light which floods the jacket showing how brown it is. The lighting on Hoth is very cool and blue, but I liked the idea of a second coat. I think the blue looks cool, and is super nostalgic. I just don't ned to support Sideshow's money grab. While we should have gotten both in one, I will not buy blue and then put out more money to pick up brown loose. The price is high enough already, so I'm just buying the one I know I will display more often.

  2. #1282
    Super Freak
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Studio 54
    Posts
    3,971
    Feedback
    68 (100%)
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Khev View Post
    Though in this case apparently all the blue images are photoshopped so we actually have no point of accurate comparison at all. Who knows what the blue coat will actually look like.

    Really? Sideshow is even more out-of-touch than I thought. They obviously had no clue and thought the blue coat would be some obscure variant only a few people wanted.

    You would think in the six months since SDCC, they could at least get a blue prototype made. Pathetic.

  3. #1283
    Super Freak
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    14,014
    Feedback
    37 (100%)
    Reputation
    Add Pixelpiper on Facebook Follow Pixelpiper on Flickr Visit Pixelpiper's Youtube Channel Visit Pixelpiper's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by MACHone View Post
    We could not find a scene where the coat wasn't clearly brown in direct light.
    You should know that you can't bring facts to an internet discussion, it's just so out of place! That's like bringing a gun to a knife fight (not the other way round of course).

  4. #1284
    Super Freak
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Studio 54
    Posts
    3,971
    Feedback
    68 (100%)
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by SixthScaleEdward View Post
    I'm still wondering why they don't want to call the blue coat exclusive, when it's only available for an exclusive set.
    Seems like a sensitive legal matter.
    They clearly made no effort whatsoever to gauge what people want in terms of colour or the prospect of packaging both coats together. Their actions suggest that they assumed the overwhelming majority wants brown, so much so they did not even bother to make a blue prototype.

    I think somebody nevertheless wanted to leave open the possibility of a blue non-exclusive in case the initial orders show they misjudged the fan interest (or if retailers got upset about not being able to carry the blue version).

  5. #1285
    Super Freak
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Eden Prairie, MN
    Posts
    48,458
    Feedback
    2 (100%)
    Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Star Puffs View Post
    Really? Sideshow is even more out-of-touch than I thought.
    Yeah, some people were commenting a few pages back that they noticed that a lot of the pictures of the "blue" coat were just the same brown images photoshopped to look blue. Who knows what the actual color will be.




  6. #1286
    Quote Originally Posted by MACHone View Post
    Ordered Brown froom Sideshow yesterday as I want the second head sculpt. My 8 year old daughter and I just went frame by frame on the bluray after I told her about the debate. I was curious after reading someone thought there could have been both colors worn. We could not find a scene where the coat wasn't clearly brown in direct light. When He mounts the Tauntaun in the base it's in direct light. When he shoots the Probe Droid right when he fires also. When Chewie is working on the Falcon Han os next to him and his sleeve goes into the light. As he is talking with the deck officer holding 3PO by the mouth he walks away just after under an overhead light which floods the jacket showing how brown it is. The lighting on Hoth is very cool and blue, but I liked the idea of a second coat. I think the blue looks cool, and is super nostalgic. I just don't ned to support Sideshow's money grab. While we should have gotten both in one, I will not buy blue and then put out more money to pick up brown loose. The price is high enough already, so I'm just buying the one I know I will display more often.
    I did the same thing last night, except with Harmy's Despecialized Edition 1.0 AVCHD and indeed the coat is brown in almost every shot, most obviously in the shots you listed (I screen-capped a few of them if anyone is interested). I was already going to buy the brown coat version, but that just solidified the decision. That said, I do wish the blue coat had been the exclusive so we all could have had both options in one figure purchase. Bad form here, Sideshow.

  7. #1287
    Quote Originally Posted by Star Puffs View Post
    They clearly made no effort whatsoever to gauge what people want in terms of colour or the prospect of packaging both coats together. Their actions suggest that they assumed the overwhelming majority wants brown, so much so they did not even bother to make a blue prototype.

    I think somebody nevertheless wanted to leave open the possibility of a blue non-exclusive in case the initial orders show they misjudged the fan interest (or if retailers got upset about not being able to carry the blue version).
    They already separated the coats. I can see more people disgruntled if they release a real non-exclsive blue coat later and not now when everyone is making a decision. Not everyone doesn't have to pay NRDs or have unlimited pre-order period.

  8. #1288
    Super Freak
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    4,904
    Feedback
    26 (100%)
    Reputation
    I do not understand the reason behind selling it as two different figures. Luke and Han have the same price point. Luke comes with 3 head sculpts! Han does not.

    So at this price point wouldn't it make more sense to have Han include an extra Jacket? This whole thing just feels like a dirty cash grab, it is not all too different from Hot Toys and their latest Thor offering.

  9. #1289
    Banned

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    8,569
    Feedback
    34 (100%)
    Reputation
    Blog Entries
    1
    At this point I accept the price point of these collectibles. Economy is doing pretty bad and prices for everything including our hobby have skyrocketed into the air. We may complain about it but face the facts. We still will be buying and I think for the price point of Luke and Han. Isn't that bad. Both very well done figures and I can't wait to have them. Just got to accept it. Hot Toys prices are getting even worse than Sideshow. Sideshow I can accept but Hot Toys I can't. For the debate like I have stated I really don't care. The screen used coat was Brown. Lighting gave off the bluish tint. But I ordered the Han Solo Blue Jacket EX. Reason why Is both are very nice you can't go wrong with any. I do agree it wasn't the best choice on Sideshow's part to pick and choose which like the rest of you would of preferred to get both Jackets within the set. Just starts up the debate again but at the same time it's actually a good move. You like Brown than you get Brown. Like Blue get Blue. It's whatever. Done deal but the reason I picked Blue is it will change up my Hoth Display setup when I get everything together. Will look nice. So whatever color you choose. Brown or Blue. You can't go wrong.

  10. #1290
    Just too bad there was never an official statement by anyone who worked on the film if they intended the jacket to be Brown but the Blue lighting made it look blue OR they wanted the jacket Blue but used Brown fabric with Blue lighting to get their desired Blue.

    With that said Im just about 99.9% on the side it was supposed to be Brown, just the blue lighting made it look Blue in certain scenes.

    So i think Ill be getting the Brown version with Two Heads.

Similar Threads

  1. 1/6th Scale Sideshow Hoth Luke Skywalker (Echo Base)
    By LipSmack in forum Star Wars-action figures
    Replies: 3049
    Last Post: 05-28-2020, 08:40 AM
  2. Echo Base Toys
    By Darth Cruel in forum Dealers
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-08-2015, 09:51 PM
  3. Marc Echo Cut and Sew
    By shaun-o in forum Star Wars-Statues, props, etc.
    Replies: 102
    Last Post: 10-21-2009, 05:10 PM
  4. Custom BESPIN HAN SOLO.. with diorama base
    By mfisher in forum For Sale/Trade- Action Figures
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-23-2009, 05:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •