Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 124 of 610 FirstFirst ... 2474114120121122123124125126127128134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 6094
    Super Freak
    Feedback
    1 (100%)

Honestly, how much to make one of these coats? The blue coat should be an ex bonus.
    Unnecessary money grab by Sideshow that I don't think will even be worth it since I doubt many collectors are going to buy 2.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    51 (100%)
    SSC making the parkas separate is a pathetic money grab on their part. I shall vote with my wallet: pass
    Never underestimate the power of Nostalgia to separate you from your money!!!!!

No Life in the Void
    Feedback
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jedibear View Post
    Well, I ordered the "brown"coat version....this particular "Solo" is a must-have for me...and it looks real good.

Now when SSC is saying "one per person"....are they meaning of the figure, period, or of each version? (brown/blue) I'm tempted to pick up the blue coat too...if only to replacement my old SSC "Bespin" Han with this new portrait. I like the new sculpt, but like the Hoth Luke...it looks good, but a little "off"...but a huge improvement over that first effort from years back.
    Have to admit, there's aspects of the brown I prefer to the blue (has a more natural, worn look) but ultimately I decided to stick w/blue and take my chances on brown on the secondary market. In regards to the one-per-customer exclusive, I'm almost certain that it only applies to each individual version. I'm sure they'd be fine with someone buying one of each exclusive... maybe it was even part of their plan, given what an odd release this is in that respect.

I also like the gallery a lot. Whomever is doing the photography these days is adding some variety with the lighting conditions and it really enhances the figure nicely. Don't care so much for the "Photoshopped" ones with added "atmosphere" but it's cool to see the galleries getting switched up a little with some variety.
    Really liked this gallery, too. Glad they pulled back a bit from the Grievous/Vader galleries, both of which I thought were overly photoshopped.

I may PO a Tauntaun later...so far, my upcoming figure POs aren't too insane, but the year is young...but it's great to finally see Hoth getting some good Sideshow treatment...
    When all the Hoth stuff first debuted at SDCC there's no way I thought I'd be picking-up the whole set, but there really is something about Hoth that's special. Love the diversity between the heroes, Snowtroopers, Probot and Tauntaun. Just so much to appreciate, design-wise.

Brown or blue, it'll still have to be weathered. Fake snow needed. I know they make it for the modeling world but I'm not sure if there are diff types, brands, etc.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    68 (100%)
    I was thinking of dusting the coat with flour to simulate snow. Anything permanent will require a deft hand with an airbrush and you only get one shot.

Freaked Out!
    Feedback
    7 (100%)
    i picked up the brown as well - i agree it looks more natural.

I think they did a lot better with the Harrison Sculpt then they did with Hamil - that figure IMO doesn't look that great

Quote Originally Posted by Star Puffs View Post
    That sort of attitude has kept this debate going, not the colour differences.
    What keeps stuff like this going is egos. Everyone wants the last word and to show they are right. It's a waste of time on the internet. Nothing ever gets solved arguing on forums. And I'm an expert on this. Lol

Just let it go and you'll feel better too.

I like the look of the blue in the new photos.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    1 (100%)
    I was going to pick the brown jacket over the blue.
    When I got home from dinner, my twin brother Rob(shaun&edfan) left me a Facebook message saying that he'd help pay if I bought both.
    So I'm off now to order the brown and blue version!

Super Freak
    Feedback
    6 (100%)
    I have to agree that this stinks and it is way more natural to include the coat options as the exclusive. Somehow they managed to use the fan controversy, neverending as it is, to justify two different figures. Who wants two of these? If you have strong feelings about the coat color then you will buy whatever that feeling is. If you don't, like me, I would want to try out both or have the option of switching up the display. People think the coats will be on eBay. Surely they will. But if someone buys two of these and parts one out chances are it is the coat they will keep, thus making the coats pretty darn rare on eBay I think and therefore quite expensive.
    Buying Knickerbocker Lord of the Rings toys and any Ralph Bakshi related items.
    Currently looking for Kenner Indiana Jones action figures
    Statue want list: Weta Environments: Amon Hen, Stone Trolls, Argonath, Golden Hall, Prancing Pony, Orthanc Ruined