Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 121 of 610 FirstFirst ... 2171111117118119120121122123124125131171221 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 6094
    Super Freak
    Feedback
    5 (100%)
    Default Re: Sideshow Hoth Han Solo (Echo Base)

No nrd, so i ordered both and will cancel one after I see better pictures at SDCC

Super Freak
    Feedback
    37 (100%)
    Add Pixelpiper on Facebook Follow Pixelpiper on Flickr Visit Pixelpiper's Youtube Channel Visit Pixelpiper's Instagram Channel
    I notice that someone on my ignore list follows me from thread to thread, often posting right after I do, thinking for some reason that I can see what they're posting. Silly rabbits.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    122 (100%)
    maybe by then..I'll have a hoth jacket worked out..that way...people can have both colors....

Hidden Content
    trying to raise some money to help with bills..

Super Freak
    Feedback
    68 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Label Society View Post
    all this hostility over was the coat brown or blue? LOL. Lets at least fight about something more relevant like who shot first? Im sure one of you knuckleheads thinks it was Greedo! cmon lighten up. its a GD jacket. you should be pissed it costs $200. thats an argument.
    Actually my hostility has nothing to do with which colour people choose. It arrises from several days of smug, insulting comments from a handful of people on the brown side. When the site came back up, Hollywood (among others) was right back at it with multiple posts, despite now having the hypocrisy to applaud yours as if he is above it all.

I contrast the attitude I am criticizing with another "brown camp" denizen, Wor-Gar, who despite playfully chiding the blue coat side for days managed to do so without deriding us as ignorant or deluded for choosing blue. He also had the integrity to acknowledge the evidence people on the side opposite him have presented, instead of waving it away in some posture of superiority.

This is about debating like adults over what is a mix of competing evidence and personal preference. The colour choice is irrelevant.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    68 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pixelpiper View Post
    Maybe you're too young to remember, but there has *always* been a blue/brown controversy with this coat and the Kenner figure. This did not start with the Sideshow figure, it did not start with the DVD release and it did not start with the Hasbro re-releases. This was present right from the outset. You can rewrite history in your own mind I suppose, but them's the facts.
    So since you seem to be reluctant to actually post analysis of film scenes, please at the very least post some independent evidence for this supposed debate over the Kenner figure in the early 80's.

As for the analysis of the film stills, your continued refusal to post competing evidence

Super Freak
    Feedback
    37 (100%)
    Add Pixelpiper on Facebook Follow Pixelpiper on Flickr Visit Pixelpiper's Youtube Channel Visit Pixelpiper's Instagram Channel
    The film stills HAVE been posted. This is why your posts are so infuriating. You just don't follow the thread. I'll let you figure out the rest in Google yourself. Anyone who has been collecting a long time will be very familiar with the brown vs. blue debate. Anyone who hasn't can read accounts from collectors who have.

I've spent a few hours today creating a CSS override file to address a lot of the complaints with the new forum layout/theme - that can benefit a lot of people. I'm not going to spend time trying to satisfy one person's inability to use Google.
    Last edited by pixelpiper; 01-09-2014 at 06:32 PM.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    I haven't been this conflicted since the original Kenner Luke figure with yellow lightsaber!

I purchased and went the brown ,... wait that sounded wrong

Super Freak
    Feedback
    37 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prime Clone View Post
    I haven't been this conflicted since the original Kenner Luke figure with yellow lightsaber!
    Oh oh! The ObiWan 12" also had a yellow saber, yet the 3-3/4 figure, also released as part of the first 12 with Luke, had blue. If there's one thing Kenner was consistent about, it was their inconsistency.

Talk about a never ending debate. Where is a wardrobe director or prop master when you need them to resolve this question? I'm ordering the brown because from the screen grabs and publicity stills it seems to be the correct color. But the folks at SS are really being tools about this. They should have offered one figure with two jackets but instead they do two complete figures. the greedy so-and-sos. I'm sure the parkas will show up in the secondary though.