Gentle Giant - Mjolnir Bookend (Thor)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Loki

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anyone see this yet? Apologies if a thread has already been made, but I couldn't help myself... :panic:

It's going for $100. I'm in dire need of a bookend and this looks really tempting, but what's Gentle Giant like with their QC and such?

Edit: Apparently there's an ES, too... That makes me want it even more.

Looks nice. GG are pretty good from when I used to buy some of there stuff but I haven't bought anything of there's for along time now though.

I saw this on some website the other day as well...very tempted...

That is nice and a good alternative to the full scale prop replica.
As a bookend I'm assuming it's got a least a little weight to it.
Price isn't bad either...

I like it but I can't decide if I want to get it. Thor is my favorite Marvel character but I don't collect stuff from the movies. If they had made a comic version I'd be all over it, especially if they did Stormbreaker for a companion piece. That would have been awesome.

Anyone see this yet? Apologies if a thread has already been made, but I couldn't help myself... :panic:

It's going for $100. I'm in dire need of a bookend and this looks really tempting, but what's Gentle Giant like with their QC and such?

Edit: Apparently there's an ES, too... That makes me want it even more.

I ordered this. Gentle Giant has great QC. I'm a big fan of their stuff.

BB

Mine came in today. It looks nice overall. It's a little smaller than I anticipated, and they made the decision to have the thong strap hang down instead of over the top like in all the promo photos (but I think I prefer that change).

But there was a defective area on the base, and the paint completely crumbled upon touch. I've sent an e-mail to GG customer service. We'll see how good their customer service is... I've never dealt with them before.

A few pics (you can see the defective spot):
24me.jpg

hc4n.jpg

rss4.jpg

ntsri.jpg

Thanks for the pictures PeepsChicken. I'm sorry yours arrived damaged, hopefully they will take care of that for you. The detail looks amazing though, can't wait to get mine :)

Thanks all. I'll update with their reply.

I will say it's a lot lighter than I anticipated. It'll be fine for holding comic TPBs or normal books, but I probably wouldn't trust it with heavy books (like college textbooks or comic omnibi.

Okay, to update: they had me ship it back to them at their expense, and they offered to replace it. Then they apparently ran out of numbered copies, so they called to see if I would accept one numbered "0000/1200", which was fine by me. Took a while, but I got a replacement in today.

This one looks great. I still have qualms about it as a functional bookend (the pommel of Mjolnir actually sticks out further than the flat surface of the "bookend" base portion, so heavy books would be resting against the top of Mjolnir's handle, which would exert force against the handle that could break it), but it's a nice looking piece, and I'm happy to have it.

Back