ACI Toys: Ringwraith Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geb

Super Freak
Reaction score
This just in from the folks at ACI Toys...the first figure will be a Ringwraith. It is said to be showing at the Taipei Toy Festival this week. If there is anyone of the FREAKS over there and visiting the show...please post some shots if you can.

Expect some more official imagery and details in the coming days after the show.

Remember, ACI had the LOTR 1/6th license for Hong Kong ONLY.

Will be very interesting to see how this matches up with the Asmus Morgul Lord figure!

081714ijpja1jduozcn505.jpg

Thanks Asmus for posting the imagery! Looks pretty good...tough to see much detail, but I like the weathering and the armor so far.

Simple is probably the right word...and I guess, based on the costuming for the Ringwraith's in general, it SHOULD be a bit simple.

Having said that, though, I agree with Khev...there should be some fantastic DETAIL where appropriate...like the feet and hands.

To me...based on this first image, it looks like they took parts from the Toybiz Deluxe Poseable Ringwraith and added real cloth costume...

I hope I'm wrong...and I imagine that the Ringwraiths had armor on UNDER all that cloth, right?? They have armored gloves and boots...why wouldn't they have armor on shoulders, legs, etc.?

its a fair fight :panic:

Before we all flood ebay searching for these do you have any plans to do a plain Ringwraith in your 5 year plan? :monkey3

I am really impressed with Asmus' prototype photos and if the product in hand lives up to expectations I might try to wait it out. Asmus' prices are really good for my hobby budget and I have a feeling trying to pick up an overseas exclusive will be pretty expensive but if they plan to avoid doing the figures ACI does then I'll be all over ebay to find this one.

The perfect circle opening in his hand for his weapon looks cheap. There's pretty much nothing to sculpt for a ringwraith and they could have at least made a natural looking hand.

My guess would be they rushed to get it out there and maybe there are multiple hands. I don't have a problem with the circle opening hand if it works with the weapons and they have other hands for different set ups.

One thing that has never been stated is what the customer range is for their line. They might be going the less expensive route on purpose. Maybe they think Lord of the Rings can sell at around $75/$100 and their stuff is inbetween the quality of Toy Biz and Sideshow not between Sideshow and Hot Toys?

Great questions and points superdoug...all things that should be answered over the next couple months. I'm anxious to see what the production details are from ACI...they have products for various demographics...so remains to be seen where their LOTR line falls.

Before we all flood ebay searching for these do you have any plans to do a plain Ringwraith in your 5 year plan? :monkey3

I am really impressed with Asmus' prototype photos and if the product in hand lives up to expectations I might try to wait it out. Asmus' prices are really good for my hobby budget and I have a feeling trying to pick up an overseas exclusive will be pretty expensive but if they plan to avoid doing the figures ACI does then I'll be all over ebay to find this one.

I have heard Dark Rider is in the list...

Back