Hot Toys Barbossa?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JorReno

Super Freak
Reaction score
Okay, so far HT have released;
*Jack, Jack and more Jack
*Liz
*Will
*Sao
*Davy(and I think a re release DX is coming)

All we need is Barbossa!

Thoughts?
:dunno

Howard from HT posted a little while back that there are no plans for an HT Barbossa sadly. Maybe that'll change with POTC 5 and 6 on the way.

Really a Davy Jones DX :panic: do you got some source for that?

Maybe I'm wrong... but I'm pretty sure Hot Toys teased a Davy Jones organ along with the Cannibal Jack throne. So, I just assumed where there was a diorama, there was a DX Davy Jones(plus, it was also a big seller).

Okay, so far HT have released;
*Jack, Jack and more Jack
*Liz
*Will
*Sao
*Davy(and I think a re release DX is coming)

All we need is Barbossa!

Thoughts?

I didn't even know they made Will
:lol

Why on Earth they made that lame-o and not Barbossa is beyond me.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127497

That's gonna be your only real option methinks. And it ain't a bad one.

Those look excellent!

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I thought they said barbossa would only come if Angelica sold well? Which looks like it hasn't. Still in stock alot of places....I could be wrong.

That's like saying they'll only release Chewbacca if Mon Mothma sold well as far as I'm concerned. ;)

Angelika isn't on par with Barbossa as a character and shouldn't be used to judge the viability of a toy line.

Maybe I'm wrong... but I'm pretty sure Hot Toys teased a Davy Jones organ along with the Cannibal Jack throne. So, I just assumed where there was a diorama, there was a DX Davy Jones(plus, it was also a big seller).

That Davy with the organ was a custom done up for a toy show, not an actual planned release. The Cannibal Jack throne was supposed to be an eventual piece but apparently it's on hold. Maybe so they can make more Iron Men! :wink1:

Dude that would be awsome. I mean i missed the MMS edition thats sucks. So my only hope would be a new MMS version from D.J or a DX.

We will see

I honestly don't know why they didn't make a Barbossa for AWE. They released; Jack, Will, Liz, Davy and 2 Sao Fengs. And those figures go for ridiculous amounts of money on Ebay.

Heck, they could have had the same success with OST if they released Barbossa BEFORE Angelica. Even Blackbeard got overlooked. Angelica was a nice companion for Jack, but Barbossa is like Lando to his Han Solo.

Barbossa is my favorite -and a cool looking pirate! ...and he's played by Geoffrey Rush! Can't loose.

Except which version are we getting? Pegged leg or classic? I prefer classic as it is just a cool look but I still love Barbossa from Stranger Tides - guess a DX could maybe give us both looks? And pack in Jack?

Except which version are we getting? Pegged leg or classic? I prefer classic as it is just a cool look but I still love Barbossa from Stranger Tides - guess a DX could maybe give us both looks? And pack in Jack?

Well, a peg leg is a classic pirate gimmick...
So, Barbossa at the end of OST would be my choice.

I didn't even know they made Will
:lol

Why on Earth they made that lame-o and not Barbossa is beyond me.

Will was a major character, so I'm not at all surprised they made him.

Two Seo Fengs was the waste, IMO.

And while I like Davy Jones, Barbossa would've been my villain pick of the two.

Back