Two video game sections?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snappahead

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just curious to get people's opinions on the idea of having two video game boards. One for collectibles and one for just gaming. While I collect statues, I don't generally have any interest in the collectible side with gaming figures. It seems to be pretty split as far as activity goes. If I'm alone here, no big deal. Just wondered if I am. I mostly come to the freaks board to talk about gaming these days,(I'm running out of things to say about collectibles) so maybe it's only me.

Yeah :lol. Well, I think it should be one section for video games. Often at times, you'd find that collectibles are being discussed in the gaming threads, too. So, it'll be pointless to have a separate gaming section when collectibles will most likely be brought into the discussion, at times.

It seems like a really good topic to debate on.

Yeah, fair enough. My thinking was just that there's so many statue and toy sections, it would've been nice to have a dedicated section to gaming like we have with tv/movie. I know that's hard to get on a collector board though.

There are still A LOT of action figures threads under statues sections.

If you want VG to be the same mess then ok.

There are still A LOT of action figures threads under statues sections.

If you want VG to be the same mess then ok.

Since the two are together now, I can't see it being worse after it's split into two sections. Two sections would at least take the bulk of the collectibles talk to another place. Id be ok with that.

Since the two are together now...

Jensen%20Ackles%20uhh%20wtf.gif

I'm not against it, but personally I would never end up visiting the collectibles section. I randomly peruse those threads now, and that's only because of the fact that they are bumped up on the first page. If I had to visit another section just to see them I'd probably miss out on some cool stuff.

I'd like it more, actually, if I didnt have to search through a thread discussing a game to find the posts related to collectibles.

Then again, I'm fairly new here, and changing the status quo isn't easy. :)

pointfrakkingless.........

I mean, where does it end...subsection upon subsection. I believe in a very plain motto for my life: 'its simple, stupid'

Keep it simple. We don't need a back of the bus section for games

Is two sections overly complicated? I'm learning things. Thanks for the comment.

I'd rather vote for having one thread per series than to have 2 sections. Though I think both ideas won't work.

problem is collectible are slow since statue takes time to make, ship, etc. gaming discussion is fast pace and covers various issues like gaming pc, consoles, game banning in Australia, etc. there's enough room to contain both IMO anyway.

problem is collectible are slow since statue takes time to make, ship, etc. gaming discussion is fast pace and covers various issues like gaming pc, consoles, game banning in Australia, etc. there's enough room to contain both IMO anyway.

They're slower for sure, but the activity on this board seems strong enough to support another section. Do a thread count (gaming vs collectible)on page one. Not a bad ratio.

I'd rather vote for having one thread per series than to have 2 sections. Though I think both ideas won't work.

Do you mean combining collectibles and games into a single thread? Like an all in one Metal Gear thread?

That's what I'd like to do. But I won't.

Thank you for not doing that LOL. That's the opposite if what I was hoping to see. Having to dig through all the collectible posts to find someone talking about the game would suck.

Back