Any possible new T-1000 hot toys?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I've been debating about getting the t1000 hot toys I just have the feeling a new and improved one will come out but of they never do then I'd miss out on a t1000. Any rumors of a new t1000? Since they did a new t800 (2)

No news and very little hope at this point, theres more likey figures to be made first like

1/6 endoskeleton
t1 police shootout/tanker truck
kyle reese
t2 john connor
and so on

The first release still stands up well anyway

No news and very little hope at this point, theres more likey figures to be made first like

1/6 endoskeleton
t1 police shootout/tanker truck
kyle reese
t2 john connor
and so on

The first release still stands up well anyway

Are they going to do a new 1/6 endo? That would be awesome as I didn't want to get the 1/4 as it was too much money and size when I Have all 1/6

Still a great fig though, pick him up you wont be disappointed.

DSCF3332_zpsccaa8249.jpg

It looks like a good figure but it's also pretty expensive which is why I've held off. I could see it being re-released personally as Hot Toys recently has done two new Arnold T-800 figures from Terminator 2 and I'm guessing the film is an easy cash cow for them.

Enterbay are putting out a T-1000 in 1:4 scale, they say this year but probably next year more likely. Who knows, maybe the likeness on that will destroy the HT one and make us wonder how we were ever happy with it.

Meh I'm not really a fan of Enterbay figures for some reason. A lot of them seem off to me but I can't put my finger on exactly why. I wouldn't buy a 1/4th figure either.

Likeness could be improved on a bit, but this is not the kind of figure HT re-releases. Plus, if they did, it would probably cost more than the (currently) jacked up secondary market prices for the existing one. On top of that, on the off chance that they did re-release this, who knows when the announcement would be made, then you've got another 6 months to a year probably before it actually is released. Just buy the existing one.

I like the existing one a lot. My only regret is not getting two to display one in the patrol bike outfit.

Considering T2 isn't one of my favorite films, I've considered selling this guy many times. But the version I have with donut head and battle damage dressed as he looks in the smelting scene from the end is one of the most striking figures in my collection. If I get the BD DX version (which looks to be another one of HT's best), I'll probably keep this guy to keep them displayed together.

It's a beautiful figure. And a DX amount of extras too. I have mine boxed up at the mo as I don't have space for him. But I'd say he is one of HT's best.

I still don't have this yet, but it's on my shortlist of previous releases I'd love to have. I think it's one of the figures that HT nailed on the first try. Even HT sculptors might have qualms to do a 2.0, for it's a case of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". As artists, sculptors might find this a work that's best left as it is, to avoid anxiety from within and comparison from without.

I wish to get one soon!

(what do you know... my 1000th post is for the T1000 LOL)

Right but weren't a bunch of people pretty satisfied with the original Terminator 2 T-800 too? Yet they still released the DX10 and are releasing the DX13. I think that if Hot Toys thinks the market is there they'll re-do a figure regardless of how well received an older version was. Plus with this film it's popular and has enough fanboys that it probably would sell. Not trying to take away from the original release as it looks good but it wouldn't surprise me. At the end of the day they are a business and it's about the money.

T-800 was the marquee character from the film. The original figure sold out quickly, and if I recall correctly, was even given a second run while the T-1000 took a lot longer to sell out and stayed at retail price for a good, long while. So really, the room for improvement angle isn't going to be driving this potential ship IMO. It's an issue of character popularity, and T-1000 just doesn't have it.

** Insert Scarface Impression**

"How would ju know bubble head?"

:lol

I've been telling you to take the damn thing outta the box , still sealed since his release :slap:cuckoo:

:lol I Know I know, long overdue:panic:

I really should crack the seal on it, one of these years I'll get around to it I'm sure:lol

Back