depression. ever had it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darkmatter

Super Freak
Reaction score
can't put my finger on it but i've felt very blah for a couple of months now. i've lost interest in many of my hobbies and my favorite foods don't taste like they used to. i don't get very excited anymore and don't look forward to things like i used to.

i'm wondering if these are signs of depression. i don't like meds and really don't want to take anti-depressants, but i need to wake up from this funk.

anybody ever feel this way?

Yup. You sound clinical. :hi5:

If you don't want to seek help, try a change in diet and increased exercise.

Agree with pix. I would definitely start with diet and exercise. What you eat affects how you feel. Get out of the house.

Yup. You sound clinical. :hi5:

If you don't want to seek help, try a change in diet and increased exercise.

i have been dieting and exercising, riding the bike and swimming. i've actually lost 15 pounds over that time frame. do you think it's the dieting and exercise? i hate to think that i started out trying to do my body right but that's messing with my mind. :dunno

Yes I do. From time to time. Like you I don't like meds. I've tried therapy, and it sort of helped. Buy really I've just excepted that sometimes I am depressed, I know it will pass, and I get though it as best as I can. I tend to have bouts, feel down for a couple of months then shake it off.
I think it's important to be upfront about it. Don't hide it away, or be ashamed of it. I'm sure you have good reasons for how you feel, exploring the past sometimes can help, but can also be a long road once started down.
Wish you all the best my friend.

I have and I broke free from it. I had suffered bouts of it (short spells well you), when my dad had passed on this past March.

Agree with this. Diet is a big factor for many people. Lots of water. Cut the sugar down. Give it a chance too. Might take a month or more to feel the good.

thanks. i actually have been drinking mostly water over that time frame as well. i cheat once in a while with a root beer but for the most part, it's H2O.

I have and I broke free from it. I had suffered bouts of it (short spells well you), when my dad had passed on this past March.

my dad passed away a couple of years ago and mom has been in a nursing facility since december. probably has a great deal to do with it. it sucks to see your parents age and then die. it's also a reminder of your own mortality.

I've been diagnosed with OCD with mild depression. I take meds more for the OCD. I still get depressed, but it's best to weather through it.

"Like all good fruit the balance of life is in the ripe and ruin."-Alt-J

my dad passed away a couple of years ago and mom has been in a nursing facility since december. probably has a great deal to do with it. it sucks to see your parents age and then die. it's also a reminder of your own mortality.

It is. I often question my own now. Not that I didn't before, but now more than ever I question it. In fact, I was just thinking about that within the past hour.

Sorry to hear about your parents. Don't know what I would do without my momma.

I lost my mum, and both my gran's a few years back. And while I had suffered before that, obviously none of this helped. While I was sorting the funerals, property etc I was fine, once things settled down, over a year later I started to feel down.

can't put my finger on it but i've felt very blah for a couple of months now. i've lost interest in many of my hobbies and my favorite foods don't taste like they used to. i don't get very excited anymore and don't look forward to things like i used to.

i'm wondering if these are signs of depression. i don't like meds and really don't want to take anti-depressants, but i need to wake up from this funk.

anybody ever feel this way?

Go speak to a professional. Don't ask a bunch of nerds on a toy forum.

Go speak to a professional. Don't ask a bunch of nerds on a toy forum.

Prolly the best advice. :lol

It's probably a mistake to equate being "anti-med" with going to see a professional. I am sure they can help with a lot of different strategies that don't involve medication.

The causes of depression are myriad (yes I just used that word as a noun :D) rather I think we were talking about coping solutions alternative to medication.

Back