Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Super Freak
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Default Re: depression. ever had it?

Quote Originally Posted by pixletwin View Post
    Prolly the best advice.

It's probably a mistake to equate being "anti-med" with going to see a professional. I am sure they can help with a lot of different strategies that don't involve medication.
    Medication resolves nothing. Just opens a new door of problems. Behavioural therapy and meditation is the way to go. Also, exercise (get those endorphins kicking), and a good diet helps a ton.

Nexus 6
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli26 View Post
    Medication resolves nothing. Just opens a new door of problems. Behavioural therapy and meditation is the way to go. Also, exercise (get those endorphins kicking), and a good diet helps a ton.
    You're obviously talking out of your ***. Don't make statements based on your own personal beliefs.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Batty View Post
    Go speak to a professional. Don't ask a bunch of nerds on a toy forum.
    You're obviously talking out of your ***. Don't make statements based on your own personal beliefs.
    Best posts in this thread. ^^^ (best sig too)

See a pro and determine if it's a temporary funk or if there is a serotonin imbalance. If there is, SSRI's may be what's needed. If so, than a person shouldn't be against them any more than a person with type 1 diabetes should be against insulin.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    I could say the same about you. It's called an opinion, and talking to friends who work in the mental field, drugs are not always the best option. There are some people with mental conditions that should be on certain medications. Absolutely. And personally, it was exercise and a good diet that got me out of my funk.

I do agree though seeking aid from a professional within the field.
    Last edited by Eli26; 06-28-2013 at 03:02 PM.

I have been in the past. The best solution for me was running and eating better. The running ,or just walking around for a few miles, really helped after a few days. It seems most everyone here has some very good advice, so I have no doubt you'll figure it out

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Darkmatter View Post
    i need to wake up from this funk.
    Sounds like you need some vajayjay.

Malalaking Gagamba
    Feedback
    55 (100%)
    Medication resolves nothing.
    ...drugs are not always the best option. ...
    So one of your quotes is absolute and the other says Medication resolves things on occasion. Which is your real opinion?

Nexus 6
    Feedback
    I could say the same about you. It's called an opinion, and talking to friends who work in the mental field, drugs are not always the best option. There are some people with mental conditions that should be on certain medications. Absolutely. And personally, it was exercise and a good diet that got me out of my funk.

I do agree though seeking aid from a professional within the field.
    Now you're contradicting yourself. You said, "Medication resolves nothing. Just opens a new door of problems." You made it sound like a fact rather than an opinion.

I also see you edited your post telling me to **** off. Nice.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    70 (100%)
    In fairness people are always telling him to STFU.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pixletwin View Post
    So one of your quotes is absolute and the other says Medication resolves things on occasion. Which is your real opinion?
    Not entirely what I said. I believe people who suffer bouts of depression and this is the opinion of people I talked to and it worked for me (of course this is not for everyone), but exercises (both mental and physical are sometimes better than drugs)... The thing that comes up is drugs often bring out new problems. I said for certain types of conditions, well, didn't want to go there, but people with bipolar and schizophrenia are types that need to be on drugs to level the chemical imbalances in their head. Having said that a person who is bipolar is often put on a drug, Olanzapine. Problem with that drug is it also slows down the serotonin levels to the brain, which causes weight gain. Even there, it introduces new problems. The bipolar/schizophrenic patient becomes depressed due to these issues. I am just saying based on what you may have, there is better solutions out there vs. drugs.

The one thing I absolutely agree with Batty is that the OP should seek counselling from someone who works in the mental health field.
    Last edited by Eli26; 06-28-2013 at 03:46 PM.