New display case @ Ikea, FABRIKÖR

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Forgot the picture :)

fabrikor-vitrinskap__0177049_PE329680_S4.JPG

The shelves look like they can be positioned in multiple locations, but it looks like you'll only be able to use 2 shelves for 1/6 figures with the third ending up with too little height. This cabinet is short, but it's wider and deeper than Detolf, so you'll fit more on each shelf. But then it's also more than 2x the price of Detolf.

Not bad. It would certainly keep more dust out than my Detolfs do. But, for me, I prefer the Detolf because the glass corners don't obscure what's inside ...

Yeh, I don't like the legs much either, but I do like that the bottom shelf is elevated from the ground. I've seen a few detolf displays where the figures worked well at floor level, but imo some elevation is best.

We have these here in Australia.

They're awful.

Not as tall as a Detolf...and you lose so much "glass space" because of the metal frame.

Avoid at all costs.

Yeah, have to agree with the negative reception these display cases are getting (although I also would love to see an alternative to the ubiquitous Detolf). Only thing I like about them is the 'riser' (like Lejuan mentions), as the bottom of most Detolfs is just a pretty lousy angle for viewing figures. Other than that, the legs are terribly ugly and definitely too much of the frame obscuring the figures within. The price just kills it.

YOnly thing I like about them is the 'riser' (like Lejuan mentions), as the bottom of most Detolfs is just a pretty lousy angle for viewing figures.

I'm not sure why anyone puts the Detolf directly on the floor when it's so straight forward to grab a cabinet at Ikea at the same time to put under it. ;) Pics in my office thread.

Other than that, the legs are terribly ugly and definitely too much of the frame obscuring the figures within.

This thing is 22 inches wide, Detolf is under 16" - that's plenty of space where the corners won't be obscuring much. IMO, the corners are the least problematic issue.

The price just kills it.

But you can say that again. ;)

I LOVE the Fabrikor...made a special two hour plus trip to IKEA to grab one once I discovered it here. I showcase my Kenner SW Vintage run and I think it looks pretty snazzy.

vintagecase_zpsec33ccb4.jpg

Very nice indeed. Do you have a higher resolution image you might post for us freaks that like to check out the figures?

Back