Good DS rpgs or games in general?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duck

Super Freak
Reaction score
So I'm trying to go back and pick up some DS RPGS that I missed out on since I did not own a DS. Last night I picked up 999, Shin Megami Devil Survivor 2 and Chrono Trigger. Any other good suggestions? I love JRPGS or Japanese games in general. I'm planning on picking up FF IV and possibly 3.

So I'm trying to go back and pick up some DS RPGS that I missed out on since I did not own a DS. Last night I picked up 999, Shin Megami Devil Survivor 2 and Chrono Trigger. Any other good suggestions? I love JRPGS or Japanese games in general. I'm planning on picking up FF IV and possibly 3.

You've got a good system if you like traditional RPGs. There's a ton of them. The Dragon Quest games are really good. If you want to try something a little different, check out Might and Magic: Clash of Heroes and Lost Magic. Though not a typical rpg game, I'd also recommend Pheonix Wright games. Golden Sun: Dark Dawn is an excellent game as well. Puzzle Quest 2 is fantastic. It's the system that keeps on giving. Too many to think of off the top of my head.

I do have a 3ds and that's what I am playing these on. However I'm pretty on top of the good RPGs on the 3ds just not the ds.

Final Fantasy III, IV, and the Four Warriors of Light, The World Ends With You, Dragon Quest IV, V, VI, IX, Zelda: Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass. The World Ends With You is probably one of the best DS games made. The Professor Layton series, Elite Beat Agents, and Pokemon are all really good games as well.

I'm a big fan of JRPGS so I have a fair amount

Dragon Quest 4 5 6
Radiant Historia
World Ends With You
FF 3
Golden Sun Dark Dawn
SMT Devil Survivor
Suikoden Tierkreis

and on 3DS of course Fire Emblem Awakening.

I'm a big fan of JRPGS so I have a fair amount

Dragon Quest 4 5 6
Radiant Historia
World Ends With You
FF 3
Golden Sun Dark Dawn
SMT Devil Survivor
Suikoden Tierkreis

and on 3DS of course Fire Emblem Awakening.

You should definitely pick of FF IV on DS. It blows III out of the water. I just beat the iPad port of the DS version 5 minutes ago, and now I don't know which version I like best.

Dragon Quest IX is phenomenal too and relatively cheap now!
$15 on Amazon.

Loved playing through this the first time. The classics-4, 5, 6-are also very fun if you like JRPG, grinding, and the DQ universe.

You should definitely pick of FF IV on DS. It blows III out of the water. I just beat the iPad port of the DS version 5 minutes ago, and now I don't know which version I like best.

I have FF IV on PSX and also bought the Definite Collection on PSP so I'm good.

I see quite a few of you all suggesting TWEWY which honestly is always on everyones favorite rpgs for ds when I read peoples online. I guess I will have to check it out. I picked up a vita the other day as well as Persona 4 since I have yet to play that. Idk what it is, but lately I would rather play games on a hand held than anything. I mean yeah that will change with the ps4, but the 3ds and now the vita will be getting ALOT of playtime.

THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU.

My favorite DS game, and one of my top favorite games in general (especially if you uncover all of the secrets and story).

Back