All things Macross (SDF, DYRL, M7, Plus, Frontier, and Robotech)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gakken85

Super Freak
Reaction score
Didn't see any macross love around here so I thought I would start a thread and share some pictures of my new beauty.

This is Bandai's DX Chogokin RVF-25 Renewal Version from Macross frontier.

It is a perfect transformation (meaning it transforms without swapping parts), comes with a pilot figures, stand, several hands, a gun pod, and includes diecast bits.

If you know this show this is Luca's valk and is kind of like the frontier version of the Elintseeker.
Final pic is a color comparison to the Masterpiece Rand Ride Armor from Mosepeda.

sSJ0i2Q.jpg

MobbGji.jpg

6V5hSjj.jpg

2dqoQYi.jpg

nS4oSWj.jpg

ilxln8t.jpg

some one else on here who love macros I mostly go macros world but its nice to get a tread started .

You getting the fastbacks too ?

Yup! The Boosters and ghosts are on order :D
I kind of need 2 of these things.. one for robot and one for fighter haha

I figured why not spread the love. Maybe there are those here who haven't seen a lot of Macross.

I've got some of the toynami masterpiece line as well as the elintseeker and super ostrich from yamato.

I've got some of the toynami masterpiece line as well as the elintseeker and super ostrich from yamato.

The V1's or the V2 yamatos?

I think the Cyclones are the only masterpieces I'll buy. I know that some guys from yamato worked on them as far as engineering.

I miss my robotech stuff, but it was sold years ago.I kept a masterpiece series but that's it.They really didnt sell good ethier

Mostly the High end yamato stuff sells well.
The older Bandai's kind of crashed due to the engineering of the new pieces.

I know people paid 1,000 for some of the old bandai Valks. Today you'd be lucky to get 100 or so.

Hey Sirtank,
Do you collect TransFormers MP's? Was wondering how the jetmodes on some of these compare sizewise to those, I started collecting MP's just because I love aircraft (and it spread like a fever) but if these are similarly sized I would love to add these to the mix.

The V1's or the V2 yamatos?

I think the Cyclones are the only masterpieces I'll buy. I know that some guys from yamato worked on them as far as engineering.

V1s. The ones you have to remove the legs to transform.

Yamato really stepped up with the 1/48 scale figures. I keep hoping they'll make a 1/48 elintseeker. I'd be all over that. Unless they did already and I missed it because I havent been paying attention

Yamato really stepped up with the 1/48 scale figures. I keep hoping they'll make a 1/48 elintseeker. I'd be all over that. Unless they did already and I missed it because I havent been paying attention

The 1/48 scale is pretty much dead, unfortunately.

They rescaled and retooled the 1/60 scale and that was their premier line until they were bought out by Arcadia. Arcadia is continuing the 1/60 line currently, but I doubt you'll see anymore 1/48's.

The best Elintseeker out there is the 1/60 V2 30th anniversary edition.

I just pulled mine out of the box yesterday actually. It's a really beautiful piece.

The 1/48 scale is pretty much dead, unfortunately.

They rescaled and retooled the 1/60 scale and that was their premier line until they were bought out by Arcadia. Arcadia is continuing the 1/60 line currently, but I doubt you'll see anymore 1/48's.

The best Elintseeker out there is the 1/60 V2 30th anniversary edition.

I just pulled mine out of the box yesterday actually. It's a really beautiful piece.

Yeah man I hate 1/60 scale despite the improvements since I got used to the 1/48 scale I can't scale down I do own 1/60 v2 Elintseeker just because that is such a unique piece and I was hoping for a rerelease of the 1/60 v2 yamato ostrich but I don't think they did. Those are the only 2 pieces I like but if they had been in 1/48 they would have been glorious.

All the macros zero, plus and seven is good and in a good scale its just those 1/60 classic macros that I can't get behind.

Bandia macros frontier on the other hand is a good scale I never bought the original release mostly because I could not believe the Gerwalk stance was so bad the renewal stuff is very nice although the joints suffer due to the die cast in the legs

great! finally a macross thread. too bad it's practically impossible to secure any of the new macross frontier renewal valks from bandai...those things sell out in mere seconds once they go up for preorder. i've tried to get any of those renewal ones and have failed. they must be terribly under produced. a damn shame. they're very nice.

I almost forgot 2 of my favorite old school toys are robotech. I have one of the matchbox vf-1s sd veritechs and a bandai joke machine vf-1a

Hey do you know if the armor parts cause the paint to chip on the macros frontier Valks I was thinking of getting some, but I am worried about paint chipping and damage to the figure .

Back