jimmie_dimmick's Gourmet Stuff - Update Post #190

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmie_dimmick

Super Freak
Reaction score
"I don't need you to tell me how ****ing good my collection is, okay? I'm the one who buys the figures. I know how good they are. When Bonnie goes shopping she buys ****."

A brief history...

I purchased the Rockstar Games and SSC 1/6 Grand Theft Auto III Claude back in March 2012. While I had always been into collecting toys and had owned a few 1/6 pieces in the past, none of which where high quality, I was in awe over how well done the piece was. While doing research on the figure, I stumbled upon the Freaks Board and found even more epic 1/6 figures to look at and discuss with others.

In April 2012 I bought my first Hot Toys figure, the DX09 '89 Batman. Once that figure was in-hand, I was instantly hooked on high-end 1/6 goodness. The DX08 was preordered the very same day I received my DX09. All this being said, here I am just a little over a year later with just under 20 figures, some of which came from or where bashed using the artistic works of the great board members here.

Thanks for looking. :duff

Current Display: December 2015

24071853685_ae8e12e88d_b.jpg

Past Display: July 2015

Past Display: September 2014

Past Display: June 2013

Last edited:
Re: jimmie_dimmick's Gourmet Collection

Beautiful collection you got:clap:clap:clap

Not that you needed me to tell you:panic:

Very clean and well set-up collection of masterpieces Jimmie, love it:hi5:

Great collection! I like the non cluttered look.

Love the natural lighting! Very nice collection!

Love your collection Sean and your new Canon takes killer pics!!! Time for another detolf and watch the collection get even more badass with all the PO's on the way. :wink1:

Meh...... KAH KAH.

LOL kidding brother, superb collection, great diversity. Very clean display buddy

Thanks EcKo! Means a lot. :1-1:

You need some A's players or bobbleheads!

I wish I could get 1/6 A's. Also, you know my little one snags all of my A's memorabilia.

Love the natural lighting! Very nice collection!

Thanks a lot chubbyman. :duff

Great pictures bud:)

Thank you kind sir! :hi5:

Love your collection Sean and your new Canon takes killer pics!!! Time for another detolf and watch the collection get even more badass with all the PO's on the way. :wink1:

Thanks Keith!! :hi5: I'm not great at taking photos so I let the camera do all the work. Hoping to develop some skills over time. :exactly:

I do need another Detolf soon, especially with all the 1/6 figures coming out in the next year. :yess:

@darthstitch - Means a lot. I appreciate your collection and the way it is displayed quite a lot.

@BatBrain - Thank you for the kind words. :hi5:

Re: jimmie_dimmick's Gourmet Stuff

Latest edition to the collection: X-Men The Last Stand - Wolverine

Huge thanks goes to my pal The Skull for convincing me to pick this figure up. I was originally on the fence about it and was not really digging the expression on the sculpt; now that it is in-hand, I am loving this figure. The expression does not bother me one bit, in fact, I really like how much emotion and shelf presence this figure has overall.

My only nitpick and complaints of this figure would be that the suit itself hinders the articulation and keeps Wolverine from achieving many dynamic poses. Also, the ankles on this guy are pretty weak and he cannot stand up on his own very well, but I use stands to display my figures so it is not really a big issue. Everything else is the usual Hot Toys quality stuff. :yess:

Glad to finally have a Wolverine on my shelf.

Re: jimmie_dimmick's Gourmet Stuff - Update Post #18

Thanks Mike I'm using a Canon T3i Rebel. Still learning how to use the thing. Hoping to develop some sort of photography skills. :lol

Last edited:
Back