Action Figure Willie Headsculpt Likeness?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yoda Man

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I know that this is a Sideshow forum, but I'm primarily a Gentle Giant bust collector. It still frustrates me how GG mishandled the Indy license and killed the line, and I'm attempting to make some customs to round out my display. Gentle Giant at least got around to a TOD Indy and Short Round, so I'm hoping to create a Willie (and possibly a Mola Ram). Obviously Sideshow nor any company made a sculpt of Willie in 1:6, so I'm exploring my options.

First and foremost, has anyone made a custom sculpt? I've looked around and can't really seem to find one in existence. If that is the case, does anyone have any suggestions for pre-existing heads that may do the trick?

My best attempt at the moment is to use a ToyBiz 12" Galadriel head which bares a decent likeness, but it's not perfect. Any better suggestions?

Thanks!

I can't imagine there's much love for Willie. Most annoying character in the series IMO. Good luck though.

Ha, fair enough. I know many people feel the same way as you, but Willie is one of my favorites. She brings a lot of fun and humor to the series in my opinion.

I've attached some pictures of the unpainted Galadriel head I'm trying to work with. I added the "hair" verrrrry quickly just to block it out and give a general feel to how it would look. I think with the right paint, the likeness might at least be passable. Any thoughts/suggestions/alternatives?

TODWillieHead2.jpg

TODWillieHead1.jpg

i think that sculpt has potential, especially in the 2nd pic. Id love to have a Willie in full club obi wan gear. That would look spectacular with a white tux wearing indy!

Thanks for the vote of confidence! It doesn't look like there seems to be any better alternative, so I'll get started on an "Anything Goes" Willie bust and see what I can do. Fingers crossed...

When it comes to Willie headsculpts, anything goes.

Thank you, thank you very much. I'll be here all day.....

Been slowly but surely working on my Willie bust, but I recently came across a head that I think I like even more. I still don't think it's perfect, but with the overall shape and the defined cheekbones I think it comes rather close. Anyone have opinions on if they think this one or the Galadriel head is better?

dbur.jpg

2fyf.jpg

Yes, Yoda Man--I do like this second head better as well. Can you say where that head came from?

Back