Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 4543 of 4550 FirstFirst ... 35434043444344934533453945404541454245434544454545464547 ... LastLast
Results 45,421 to 45,430 of 45492
    Super Freak
    Feedback
    Follow Bo Shrek On Twitter Visit Bo Shrek's Youtube Channel

Default Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (March 24th, 2016)

Best and scariest looking Batman which begs the question….”What happened in JL?”

I don't think this movie holds up well as a film but as a loosely collected series of scenes and images, I remember finding it quite breathtaking.

I was an absolutely voracious DC reader in the late 80s/early 90s, and this movie is clearly a love letter to the "grimdark" comics of that era. The underrated Dan Jurgens runs on Superman; the Dark Knight and post-"Death in the Family" Batman stuff.

I sat in the theater just beaming to see all this stuff on the screen, with all the moody shot compositions and almost David Lynch/Stanley Kubrick like music.

Re-watching it, I'll admit the pacing is awful and it just doesn't gel as a cohesive movie, but I still love the atmosphere and the look of it. I remember thinking while watching it "Oh man, this is NOT for everyone. This is gonna flop hard." My brother loved it like I did though, cause he was reading all those books along with me.

And then along came a little movie called "Justice League" that was essentially the cinematic equivalent of a root canal, wide awake, with no anesthetic.

Oh well. At least we still got Tao Okamoto as Mercy Graves, and since she barely talks, her crappy acting doesn't detract from how hot she is!

Quote Originally Posted by a-dev View Post
    It's watchable. It's a film with great moments. If it had been film number 3, 4 or 5 featuring these characters I think it would have played a lot better. Alas, for me, it just doesn't work as film number 2 for Superman considering what happens to him and only film number 1 for Batman and Wonder Woman.
    I recently read an interview with Cavill where he said the exact same thing, that he wanted to do another solo movie first. I feel like that would've helped the death land better if the audience had more investment in the character, because as it stands it tends to be one of the biggest gripes I see people bring up.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    Much as I loved BvS, I agree there should have been a MOS2 first. But Zack still did a great job of fast-tracking JL (fairly seamlessly) at the studio's behest.

I would've liked Zack to do a Batfleck solo movie first too.

I love this movie! Way too long though. It pulls through with a little fast forward editing when I watch . But damn it is gorgeous on blu Ray 3D. One of the best looking superhero films for sure. And it’s a gift from god that I get to watch batffleck in THAT costume doing some bad ass things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Freak
    Feedback
    20 (100%)
    What a pity...

....did someone just say Tao Okamoto??

Super Freak
    Feedback
    Quote Originally Posted by olbertfrog View Post
    Best super heros movie ever.
    What a pity...

Yep..