Statue Sideshow-Weta Peter Jackson as a Corsair Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought this was a very cool piece and nice gesture to end the line. I don't see it as the best representation of the fiersome Corsairs of Umbar, who didn't get much of a look in in the films despite being one of Gondors most feared enemies, but it helps recall a very cool cameo piece.
A great film tie in piece and easily picked up cheap :lecture

Yeah, that's my feelings as well. This piece is more about the respect to the man who brought The Lord of the Rings to life on the big screen. :rock

I just re-acquired this piece a little while ago. You can find them pretty cheap right now. I took some pics so I figured I'll throw them up. I was experimenting with various light sources so they're pretty washed out but since this isn't an epic statue, I'm not going to redo them right now. :thwak :lol

Attachments

• corsair-01.jpg
    corsair-01.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 218
  • corsair-02.jpg
    corsair-02.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 221
  • corsair-03.jpg
    corsair-03.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 215
  • corsair-04.jpg
    corsair-04.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 230
  • corsair-05.jpg
    corsair-05.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 216
A few more...

Attachments

• corsair-06.jpg
    corsair-06.jpg
    281.2 KB · Views: 221
  • corsair-07.jpg
    corsair-07.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 214
  • corsair-08.jpg
    corsair-08.jpg
    154.7 KB · Views: 207
  • corsair-09.jpg
    corsair-09.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 215
I agree Fritz. I've seen many trash it because it doesn't seem to have the "cool" factor, but I have it because it's Peter Frackking Jackson and deserved to have some representation in the products line. Would've been nice to have a companion Richard Taylor as Corsair as well, but I guess it would have been even more of a niche market. *sigh*

I agree Fritz. I've seen many trash it because it doesn't seem to have the "cool" factor, but I have it because it's Peter Frackking Jackson and deserved to have some representation in the products line. Would've been nice to have a companion Richard Taylor as Corsair as well, but I guess it would have been even more of a niche market. *sigh*

:exactly: I agree, its quite an under-rated piece, plus its great to have Peter Jackson represented in our collections - a fitting tribute if you like! :clap

Exactly! :rock

Yeah, have it, love it. And as far as being underrated, hell the whole line seems to be!? I know that the production runs were huge for some of these, but going on 10 years + & you can still find some truly great sculpts at bargain, firesale prices. Go figure.

Back