Anybody made a 1/6th scale TV series Flash (John Wesley Shipp) yet?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sallah

Super Freak
Reaction score
...looking at Keaton Bats and Reeve Supes on the shelf make me long for a TV series Flash. Has anyone done one? Or better question, does anyone do them on commission? I'd love to get a project going to make a run of them, but I wouldn't know where to start...

Sallah

If i remember the tv show he had a mucle suit and it looked like rubber. I found a place that has matte red vinyl that might work for him. Moe if you see this and want to takle it I saw matte 4 way stretch vinyl in red on ebay.

I loved the show, so I'd really like to see someone do a quality version of him. That Stan Winston Studios suit was so badass, and Shipp was great in the role.

you should post some pics to remind people what it looked like I saw the whole series and it was good. if flash would have had all his villians it would have been cooler.

flash_02.jpg

flash_flash_01.jpg

The-Flash-1990-91.jpg

for those who don't remember but stop by page.
the costume may look like he is covered in velvet but i don't know it looks like that stuff clled flocking/flecking they use to use that would flake off of the ltex body suit. if you look close their are bare spots on costume. sretch velvet might work but im not sure if it will show the muscle unless it was glued directly on body. and like this the muscle definition is airbrushed on.

Last edited:
He would be but not the same way this costume was made, I read it was brittle and new suits had to be constantly made.

Their is spandex that has a sueded finish, So Im sure someone on here might want to tackle this but I recomend for those who make these with stretch velvet that it would need to be sewn directly to body and airbrush the definition before adding the gold stuff.

I've never started up one of these kind of projects before... I don't even know where to start. But man do I want this! How can we make it happen?

Sallah

i would be in for a figure if anyone is willing to start some kind of custom job...ahhhhh the memories, such a great show!

i would be in for a figure if anyone is willing to start some kind of custom job...ahhhhh the memories, such a great show!

I am contacting Tony Mei about the suit right now to see what the possibilities of such an undertaking even are... I figure that is going to be the hardest part.

Sallah

I am contacting Tony Mei about the suit right now to see what the possibilities of such an undertaking even are... I figure that is going to be the hardest part.

Sallah

Tony's been kinda buisy im not sure he will. also how would you attach velvet or flecking to head. this might be a hard project to make happen, velvet and 1/6 almost never go hand and hand.

I would be in for a Flash figure. I love the show and just recently rewatched it on dvd a few months ago. I would also love the blue suit of the clone they did of him.

Back