Hot Toys Unmasked 'Murphy' Robocop Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hydeous

Apprentice
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you for many fans’ support when we introduced our latest RoboCop collectibles. We heard that you guys would love to see Alex Murphy as the unhelmeted RoboCop, so we got a good news for you all! Our Production Director & Chief Painter J.C. Hong has just shared photos of the work already in progress for the head sculpt on his blog (https://tiger231.blog.me/80191133866), so please stay tuned to see how it will look like in another version of RoboCop soon! — Sneak Peek of Unhelmeted RoboCop

270182_10151426009867344_294397838_n.jpg

1506_10151426009807344_1173393435_n.jpg

Man I'm super stoked. They will all be mine!!!!

On another note, this has to be the BD Robo from the end of the first movie. Or is it from 2? Maybe Cain isn't that far behind.

Damn. I hope it's an all battle damaged version otherwise the clean robocop I just bought will be pointless.

At least this answers the question of how they were able to get an exact Peter Weller helmeted lower face sculpt without the fear of being sued.

Kinda odd that JC Hong is using wire to scratch the face, and it does seem like the sculpt isnt done yet as theres no bullet mark on his temple yet. Didnt know he started sculpting as well now.

Robo-makeup-72.jpg

Wow, I just POed from ssc for robo. :/

Maybe this will be a 1/4 scale?

Kinda odd that JC Hong is using wire to scratch the face

He's not. He's attaching the wires around the head (seen in the pic you posted with the above comment).

Surely this is a switch out head to go with the set ?

Nope. Says right there "please stay tuned to see how it will look like in another version of RoboCop soon!"

Cheers dude for pointing that out have a habit of scanning over threads . Glad I held out then before ordering but feel sorry for all those people who preordered and paid a NRD :(

Well it depends on what you want. Like people have mentioned, the Murphy head will probably be part of a Battle Damaged figure so for people who want a "Clean" version, MMS202D04/MMS203D05 is the perfect choice. Plus, you can always try and score JUST the Murphy head off EBay, etc.

****ty move on their part: waiting for us to part money on one version, have us cry we haven't ha the unhelmeted head only to spring this on us!

Back