Mermaids - Animal Planet- discovery channel

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myc

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just saw this yesterday with my wife and I think it was very entertaining..

Most believable footage was the one on the fishing boat in the net and then the two guys from Denmark in the little submarine ..

Not sure what to take out of it.. everything is getting faked today to draw quotes as much as possible..

also heard about the disclaimer that "some of the content is fiction" .. but how much.. and how much preassure is there really from government sides to not uncover anything true ?

Besides all this.. the ocean is about 75% of our planet ... most undiscovered ... all the mermaids stories all over the world since ages.. any true or possibility to that ?

Just saw this yesterday with my wife and I think it was very entertaining..

Most believable footage was the one on the fishing boat in the net and then the two guys from Denmark in the little submarine ..
Not sure what to take out of it.. everything is getting faked today to draw quotes as much as possible..

also heard about the disclaimer that "some of the content is fiction" .. but how much.. and how much preassure is there really from government sides to not uncover anything true ?

Besides all this.. the ocean is about 75% of our planet ... most undiscovered ... all the mermaids stories all over the world since ages.. any true or possibility to that ?

i watched it but i didn't think any of the footage looked real at all.
entertaining i suppose but this falls into the category of bigfoot, loch ness monster, ufos...etc......for me. i'd love definite proof of all these but i feel i will be waiting a very long time...........:lol

Very entertaining show.

It is a fake documentary, though. From beginning-to-end. Like the War of the Worlds Radio Play. The "scientists" are actors. The "footage" is fake. It isn't even a real documentary based on faked evidence (like bigfoot, Loch Ness or alien documentaries). The whole thing is science fiction ... the interviews, the scientists, the proof, the stories ... all of it.

The only real stuff is the beached whale incidents, and the aquatic ape hypothesis (which exists, but is largely discredited).

https://www.snopes.com/photos/supernatural/mermaids.asp

https://content.usatoday.com/commun...ds-the-body-found-on-discovery/1#.Uad3j50o6M9

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/27/mermaids-the-new-evidence_n_3343773.html

Apparently, like War of the Worlds, it convinced quite a few. But, its not real. There are no mermaids. There is no government cover-up. There is no scientist that believes there is a government cover-up. There is no evidence, video, biological material, recovered spears, etc. suggesting the existence of aquatic humanoids.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
Is this the thing where it shows monkeys living on a rock that evolve into mermaids? I liked it.

Im not saying anywhere in this thread that I believe its true..furthermore what might be true to all this and the possibility

I can't believe how many people I've talked to thought this show was factual.

some people believe in Greek Mythology and the city of Atlantis which are both distorted truths to take away from the truths of the Bible

half man/half beast comes from Genesis 6 (Fallen Angels having sex with earthly women producing Giants) and Jude 1:6-7

"And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire."

as the Fallen Angels(now locked in chains) went after strange flesh (besides earthly women) which then much of it is speculation of what was produced...

Which is where Greek Mythology comes into play here...Demi-gods(Hercules),also such things of half man,half beast (and mermaids if they even existed) would be all from fallen angelic seed...its all very interesting take and an interesting study..

some people believe in Greek Mythology and the city of Atlantis which are both distorted truths to take away from the truths of the Bible

half man/half beast comes from Genesis 6 (Fallen Angels having sex with earthly women producing Giants) and Jude 1:6-7

"And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire."

as the Fallen Angels(now locked in chains) went after strange flesh (besides earthly women) which then much of it is speculation of what was produced...

Which is where Greek Mythology comes into play here...Demi-gods(Hercules),also such things of half man,half beast (and mermaids if they even existed) would be all from fallen angelic seed...its all very interesting take and an interesting study..

ah someone knows great things ! ;) :clap:clap not many people knows this :)

What?

SnakeDoc

the possibility having undiscovered creatures like they describe on our planet

i watched it but i didn't think any of the footage looked real at all.
entertaining i suppose but this falls into the category of bigfoot, loch ness monster, ufos...etc......for me. i'd love definite proof of all these but i feel i will be waiting a very long time...........:lol

The Loch Ness Monster is a good friend if mine :Wizard

Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster and UFOs have a much higher chance of existing than a friggin mermaid.

Bigfoot and the Loch Ness monster are actually real creatures. Just uh, extinct.

I can't believe how many people I've talked to thought this show was factual.

Yeah, its funny how many people have fallen for this. I originally heard about this a few months ago from my mom who heard about it from her co-wokers who thought it was real. Then my grandparents saw it earlier this week and thought it was real too. They at least were suspicious of the footage though, but they chalked that up to the dramatized recreations so many documentaries have nowadays.

Back