sideshow KOTCS fridge worth it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbl

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I've got the normal KOTCS on the way, but I'm tempted to buy a fridge from someone. Is it worth a purchase?

It could complete the figure pose, but I don't want to buy a new full figure to obtain it.

Any ideas on this?

Best,

Robert

I love my 1/6 KOTCS fridge.

I'm sure you can obtain one separately at some point. Have you tried eBay?

Yeah, but no luck. Thanks for your opinion. At what price would you buy the fridge?

My other half got a kick out of it too. I had used for storing a can of coke when i first got it. Now i use it for body parts .That was 3 years ago when i won the exclusive of ebay for $150.

The fact it's made of polystone has always bugged me. Is this an issue for anyone? Any plastic/metal alternatives out there?

i agree, its kinds heavy for such a small piece... but its made really nice... i just bought the set figure/fridge exclusive on here 2 weeks ago for $120....a steal i thought. cheapest on ebay was $200, and only a 1 at that, rest were in the $300 range.

Yup that is a steal. I have the set already and I was tempted by the $120 price tag. Thoguht about having one at work. Lol.

I was tempted too, but before i could act you beat me to it :p. I might have found a loose one. Will let ya'll know.

Best,

Robert

Found the fridge from a guy in germany! What a wonderfull piece! Unlike many other i like the fridgescene, so i'll be setting up that scene. Just have to rework my indy on a new body, although the body is ok, add mike fishers gear and some fullers earth :). Thanks guys.

Best,

Robert

The fridge pushed the Sideshow release past the Hot Toys one for me, but I'm probably in the minority.......I really enjoyed Crystal Skull. Not that it was better than the others by any means but it felt like Indy and it was incredibly special experiencing a new Indy film.

The Hot Toys sculpt is marginally better.....Sideshow's Crystal Skull release was miles ahead better than their Raiders one.

Never though i would see this opinion, lol
I gives Sideshow credit.....I think they've been forced to up their game with Hot Toys in the market. Their Han Solo and Luke Sywaker Hoth figures on pre-order look very good - if not quite Hot Toys level.

I'm sure if Hot Toys did a 'Indy 2.0' version we'd see a marked improvement.

The head sculpt appears a little large but I agree with the likeness being really good on this one. With a top quality paint job and the right sized body it would be right up there with a lot of Hot Toys stuff in my opinion.

As far as the fridge goes. It's fantastic. Most people guests at my house are very amused by the fridge. It normally gets a smile while most of the other collectibles are greeted with indifference.

Back