My PF Lurtz

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomandshell

Blue Flame of the West/Mod
Reaction score
I hate, hate, hate to take pictures at night because the flash does so much damage, but I was too excited to wait for the sun. Just trust me when I say that pictures are nothing compared to seeing this thing in person.

I can't believe I almost cancelled this--I am having a really hard time not calling this the greatest LOTR collectible I have ever seen. Lurtz has walked off the screen and is sitting on my DVD cabinet. I will do whatever it takes to have this complete line, and I can't wait for the next announcement. (I can't believe that it was a year ago already that the line was announced!) If you are on the fence about getting Lurtz, like I was, then let me just say that this is a breathtaking piece of work. Lurtz is not my favorite character, but this thing is amazing. The level of detail and lifelike authenticity and realism is pretty much unsurpassed. I am SO glad I didn't cancel this--it may be more than I can afford, and I have no place to put it, but I wouldn't part with it for anything. Also, he is number 39, the lowest number Sideshow has ever shipped me. (Icing on the cake.)

01dy3.jpg

02xs8.jpg

03xt1.jpg

04hr7.jpg

Tom, where's his arrow bag? And how does this compare to the proto at SDCC? How's the leather?

Even with horrible washed out effect from the flash, Lurtz still looks awesome. :rock
I assume the actual color of the leather armor looks quite different than the ones shown above.
I really like the pose with bow. That's how I'd display mine :chew
We are all expecting more pictures from you tomorrow, Tom.
Too bad, Lurtz on swing is not possible... :lol

Looks damn nice, sure glad I put one on order with second chance.

He really is huge compared to the orginal Weta/SS line, the LOTR PF's have made me rethink my attempt to collect as many of the older statues and stick with the PF's only.

Evan

Correct--there is no way that I am taking Lurtz into the backyard!

And I couldn't figure out how to get the arrow bag on--it won't fit over his head, and the legs are too far apart to slide it on from the bottom. So that is a mystery for now...

Beautiful piece, Tom. I'm glad you decided not to cancel it.

Last edited:
Well, all I can say is I want Lurtz... even If this means I have to start another PF line after quitting the Marvel PF line...Ahhhh

When I look at this.... please tell me who needs
LOTR Cinemaquettes for 1500$?! :monkey5

Bring them on to Europe SSC!!! :rolleyes:

gtb said:
from the looks of it, this piece is going to be another CT on ebay soon?

Once this line really gets rolling, people are going to be kicking themselves in the crotch for letting this one get away. I just cancelled all of my LOTR 12" figures so I can keep him. I had thought that I would get into that line instead since I can't afford both, but after seeing Lurtz, there's just no way I can stay out of this line. The quality is shockingly good.

Like you Tom, and especially after seeing your pics....I am so glad I didn't cancel...There will be a lot of people, kicking themselves they passed on this one.

Thanks for the pix Tom. Impressing piece. Looks like i can't cancel mine now, can I? Say, could you please take a pic of the inside of the box, so I can see how Lurtz was packed inside his box? That would be nice. Is it easy to set him up? To switch hands (bow/sword)?

Could you take some more pics under natural light if its not to much trouble for you? Wanna get the whole vibe from this, so its more what we'd expect.
The details in the sculpt is astonishing indeed.

BDboystoys said:
Could you take some more pics under natural light if its not to much trouble for you? Wanna get the whole vibe from this, so its more what we'd expect.
The details in the sculpt is astonishing indeed.

PM sent to you BDboystoys!

Hmmmm, didn't someone, I don't know who :monkey3 , say that once you got him you'd find a way to keep him? :lol

He certainly looks impressive. Can't wait to see even more pics. Congrats Tom.

Back