Final Fantasy VII Remake Yes or No?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which do you prefer for a future FFVII release?

• Remake FFVII

Votes: 46 85.2%
  • Sequel to Advent Children/Dirge of Cerberus

Votes: 4 7.4%
  • Other (Prequel, Sidestory, Another film etc.)

Votes: 4 7.4%

• Total voters

Snake Plissken

40s "men" still cry about being bullied here
Reaction score
I've been a big FFVII fan for years now and I've always wanted to see it redone ever since the PS3 Tech Demo. Square Enix recently said that they will not pursue a remake until a FF game is made that is superior, which personally I think undermines everything following VII.

Square doesn't really seem to care that the fans have been crying for years for a remake and whenever a remake poll or article comes out FFVII is always at the top of the list. I appreciated the Compilation of FFVII, but it still left me wanting more.

I also would like another sequel added onto the story, or at least a conclusion to the Sephiroth saga, but I believe they hold Seph so close to the chest that they will never write a situation when he's truly "gone" from that world.

Anyway enough of me ranting. If I had to pick one thing to do to the series, it would have to be a remake even though I'm dying to see a sequel.

I say remake but what I mean is make the same game with better visuals and mechanics... but not the mechanics of 12-13

Remake my only concern is the music keep the original score in there keep the gameplay the same ff7 is a masterpiece.

I watched Advent Children last night and it just made me sad that SE refuses to give us a remake. The game is almost 20 years old, I think it's long overdue.

I watched Advent Children last night and it just made me sad that SE refuses to give us a remake. The game is almost 20 years old, I think it's long overdue.

Loved advent children tied everything up so nicely we wont get a remake square knows they cant do something better then ff7.

I guess we can expect a remake in the next 20 years with that sense of thinking.

If were never getting a remake, at least give us a conclusion to the story.

Re-make because if they made another instalment it would be terrible and be basically XIII with the characters from VII

I also really liked VIII i wouldn't mind that re-made too

What's up with the really tough polls recently? I need time to think about it, man! :lol

I voted for a remake, but I have to wonder if it's actually possible. FF XIII was pretty much a game-changer for the series - in favor of a more linear storyline and less exploration (granted I have not played FF XIII to this day - I absolutely refuse to do it :lol). So, I'm not sure how a remake of FF VII will fit in with the new type of Final Fantasy that Square has created.

I've only played through VII but I can already see why it's looked at with such reverence. Square is basically allowing a billion dollars of revenue from a remake and merchandise slip through their fingers.

I would like a remake for the simple fact that I have not played through FFVII. I own two copies of the game and played about an hour in. I know it's widely considered one of the best games ever and I would be inclined to agree based on what I've seen and played but a remake would give me more of a reason to pick it up. I have a hard time playing some older games mostly on the N64 and PS1 due to dated graphics or controls.

So I would greatly appreciate a remake of the game.

I would like a remake for the simple fact that I have not played through FFVII. I own two copies of the game and played about an hour in. I know it's widely considered one of the best games ever and I would be inclined to agree based on what I've seen and played but a remake would give me more of a reason to pick it up. I have a hard time playing some older games mostly on the N64 and PS1 due to dated graphics or controls.

So I would greatly appreciate a remake of the game.

I only got really into a few years ago, aside from the archaic graphics, the game still holds up. It's worth the cash off the PSN.

Remake in the sense of an overhauled, HD remake. Change nothing other than the visuals and have symphony music. Can't help but feel like anything they'd come out with would be hated by me. Terrible voice actors, crappy redesigns (Advent children) ect.

This may sound like a stupid question, but does the newer FF games have voice overs or is it all text speech?

Voice overs for the major scenes and what not. If your walking in a town and you go up to people to talk to them it'll still be text speech. Sometimes even those have voice overs though.

Gotcha, figured as much. Just bring back the AC cast! :clap

Back