Last crusade Motorcycle and sidecar custom

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LordRagnar

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello all, Im back with a brand new bike build. BBL has commissioned me to build another last crusade bike. This time around I will attempt to explain in greater detail my methods and my madness . . . hah. Anywho, lets kick this baby off with some shots of the seam line elimination on the sidecar.

Now that the sidecar bag mounts are gone, and all sides smooth, lets add that machine gun mount. All I did was cut out some styrene card supports, sanded smooth, then used some styrene rod cut to length and all glued together.

Now, I cut some rod to make the mount bolts, glued that on and then cut some more to make the center mount. I took some large tubing and bifurcated it, then drilled two small holes to make the actual gun pintel mount. Everything was sanded and smoothed out and bobs your gun mount:monkey1

The motorcycle and side car used to be at WDW at the Disney Hollywood Studios Park. Last Christmas we saw it when we did the Backlot Studio Tour attraction. They have all sorts of movie props from the Pirates Movie etc... If memory serves me correctly it really looked pretty weatherd. That moist humid air has not been kind to it! Would be interested to know if it is still down there. Regards, Bill

The motorcycle and side car used to be at WDW at the Disney Hollywood Studios Park. Last Christmas we saw it when we did the Backlot Studio Tour attraction. They have all sorts of movie props from the Pirates Movie etc... If memory serves me correctly it really looked pretty weatherd. That moist humid air has not been kind to it! Would be interested to know if it is still down there. Regards, Bill
I'm going this weekend, so I'll check it out. Did you see it from the moving tram, or is it something you can actually walk up to?

It's shame so many great movie props are just sitting out there wasting away. They even used to have some of the flying cars from BLADE RUNNER.

Hey there IrishJedi....It was on the moving tram. There is a snow speeder from ESB. ..jet skis from Waterworld and they used to have the bone cage from POC along with some other cool stuff. It was on the outside near Walt Disneys personal Jet. The LC cycle and side car really were rusted pretty bad. Sad that they have been allowed to deteriorate.
Hey I see you are in Atlanta. I grew up in Ga..but have been here in the Palmetto State since the early 80's.
Hope you have a great trip to WDW! Regards, Bill

The LC cycle and side car really were rusted pretty bad. Sad that they have been allowed to deteriorate.

I wonder if they'd consider selling it to someone for restoration and preservation. "It belongs in a museum". A lot of those other vehicles there, too. The skiff from ROTJ was once there as well, but I believe at least it was salvaged. All that other stuff is just literally rotting away in the Central
Florida heat, rain and salty air. And it's a damn shame.

Aw man that is pretty sad, I recall bmarzs buddy gave me a reference pic once that had the bike on display in a museam and in pretty good condition. Ill have to check with bmarz and Prettybigguy.

Thanks guys for all the input, ill have some new pics up this weekend, and no worries Bmarz, im gonna make this bike great, and unfourtanatly (or fourtanatly? lol) this bike is gonna have the experiance of two bike builds so this may be the best one yet!

I know it will be :). I also no it's weekend and monday is close...picture time :)!

Best,

Robert

Aw man that is pretty sad, I recall bmarzs buddy gave me a reference pic once that had the bike on display in a museam and in pretty good condition. Ill have to check with bmarz and Prettybigguy.

Thanks guys for all the input, ill have some new pics up this weekend, and no worries Bmarz, im gonna make this bike great, and unfourtanatly (or fourtanatly? lol) this bike is gonna have the experiance of two bike builds so this may be the best one yet!

BBL, a LOT of blood, sweat (mostly Hoyt's) and tears went into the research for this thing. Just trying to decipher the sigil on the sidecar took weeks! I'm glad the experience is going to enrich the quality of your custom and I hope you enjoy your bike as much as I enjoy mine. Next stop, custom painted Indy and Henry. Hoyt's head sculpt repaints rival almost anyone on this forum.

Mmm i just bought a medicom young indy. What to do, what to do....also 2 sideshow sculpts.

You KNOW what to do. Just do it! ;)

I'm seriously considering it, but i have so many things to pay off first. I also booked a vacation with my wife and son.

Hoyt is such a nice guy. Very helpfull and very talented. If i'd the money i'd commision him all the time :)

Aw thanks guys, your far too kind, Bmarz I just sent you some pics of the rear of your Harley, saddlebags are back on and the thing is pretty dam screen accurate. And as for the heads, I haven't painted any in a while so my paint brushes are getting restless, Let me know if you want me to swing a brush at any of your sculpts and I can work with you on payment, Ive got patience and I love getting my work out to the masses. Thanks again Bmarz your kind words have touched me (not inappropriotly lol). You know I loved painting all your figures and I would do any more for you in a heartbeat.

With the mushy gushy out of the way, heres the next installment. The texturing has started on the sidecar, Ive used games workshop texture paint mixed with a bit of woodland scenic brand static grass, and just slapped it on with a big ol brush.

Now work is beginning on the sidcare support and wheel. There is a fender addition that needs to be added, and while studying the pics I noticed that the fenders are much shorter, so I cut them and then added the new flares made out of styrene sheet(thin) and styrene rod. All that was then cut to fit after glueing(I find that easier) and sanded smooth.

Back