My Jaws review...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock:rock
review_jawsmaq_3.jpg

Ride the sumb!tch McCleod!!! :rock :rock :rock

Great review... a bit too big and pricey for my tastes, but an excellent piece!

Great review. I agree 100% about the sculpt being off from the front. Head and mouth are to small but from the side this sculpt is dead on.

Mat's work on this is amazing! I love this piece! If I had somewhere to put it, I would have laid the cash down! I think even with the discrepency from the actual Bruce, you just CAN'T find a better representation of jaws. I doubt if you ever will. beautiful work!
Trev

You all know me...You know how I earn a livin'....

Well, most of you know me, and if you do, you know what I think of this amazing piece...

Excellent reveiw MC!

- if you're looking for something a tad cheaper, yet Jaws related, Clark Toys has the Jaws 3D poster in stock for $17.

Ahahaha, you just made my day. Thanks for the review, im now considering getting him/her.

BTW, I should have a review up of that 3D poster next week. I'm looking forward to it, because the first 3D posters from McToys were way too small - but they've upped the size a bit and I think the Jaws will look terrific. *fingers crossed*

JAWS said:
Great review. I agree 100% about the sculpt being off from the front. Head and mouth are to small but from the side this sculpt is dead on.
How can you agree 100% with somthing he didnt say? He didnt say it was off, he just said the sculpt went by the blueprints instead of the model of the shark.

owtkasted said:
How can you agree 100% with somthing he didnt say? He didnt say it was off, he just said the sculpt went by the blueprints instead of the model of the shark.

Uh...I could have swore I said the sculpt wasn't movie accurate...that's why I went through the trouble of pointing out why I though it was off. Am I confused? :confused:

Michael Crawford said:
Uh...I could have swore I said the sculpt wasn't movie accurate...that's why I went through the trouble of pointing out why I though it was off. Am I confused? :confused:
I too agree that the mouth is a little small when compared to the Bruce shark. But you had a good point when saying that a lot of footage is of a real great white. This sculpt is a happy medium between the 2, which is not a bad thing I think.
I dont believe the sculpt being off was intentional, but it kinda works out ok IMO. I love it

spot on review MC

Michael Crawford said:
I thought you said it was more lifelike like to the blueprints and the movie version was off and unrealistic.

owtkasted said:
I thought you said it was more lifelike like to the blueprints and the movie version was off and unrealistic.

You're both right - I did say that this is more like the blueprints, and the movie version was unrealistic in several ways. But I did also say that this version doesn't look like the actual Bruce the shark. See, it all comes together!

Great review!!!

I had to choose between wolverine and jaws during pre-authorization and considering I am a comic fan, I cancelled jaws.

however, after your review, I start to give a second thought to jaws again. bad news is vader premium format exc is converted and awaiting to be shipped. Now I have to choose once more :confused:

Back