sideshow stealth iron man comiquette recasts/fakes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pillpoppermd

Super Freak
Reaction score
Pls help distinguish what are some of the major flaws fom the original ones compared to the recasted one.

Last edited:
Got any bigger photos? Based off those tiny pics, the colors look real. I never heard of the Stealth recast. I know there was a lot of paint issue when ssc released it.

It was a weird shipping method. They rubbed oil all over it, and there were some rub marks on a lot from the packing. Mine is perfect. From what I understand the red gold exclusive version was the only version recasted..

It was a weird shipping method. They rubbed oil all over it, and there were some rub marks on a lot from the packing. Mine is perfect. From what I understand the red gold exclusive version was the only version recasted..

Uhhhhhh...they did what? So, it was like, sticky when you pulled it out of the package?

Uhhhhhh...they did what? So, it was like, sticky when you pulled it out of the package?

No oily. You actually had to take a rag & rub off the excess oily residue. I have never seen anything like it before or since.

Yep. I haven't once heard of a recasted stealth IM Com. The red & gold Coms were recasted to death. It got so bad that peeps in the aftermarket were scared to buy the piece because recasting was such a big issue.

For the foot peg that goes right to the base. Does it have to be square and copper in color? coz mine i think is round and silver.

For the foot peg that goes right to the base. Does it have to be square and copper in color? coz mine i think is round and silver.

It's has light up features so it is not square and copper like the red & gold Com. The pegs are different, so you are good to go.

How can we tell if the red and gold one were recast? Were there any recasts with the exclusive head? Im gearing up to pick up this piece and didnt even think this ever would have been an issue...

Recast was done only w. The exclusive. There were differences, you can prolly dig up the old thread with a lot of info

Yeah ive done a bit more reading about it. Apparently sideshow even released a statement warnibg people of knockoffs. I guess Ill just go for thw stealth one.

Back