LOTR statues opinion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SakoGez

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hey Guys, so I want some feedback on what direction to take my collection. Just a quick background on it first, I've concentrated on the villains for the most part cause my brother collects everything else. Here is my current list and I want opinions on which remaining ones I should go for.
Current list:

Balrog-artist Proof (MIB)
Sauron-Premium Format
Dark Rider-Premium Format
Barad Dur
Ring wraith & Steed
Fell Beast
Gandalf the White
Gandalf the grey
The Watcher
Shelob
Orc on Warg (can't remember his name)
My question is which one(s) of the following should I go for:

*Orthanc
*Saramaun the white (def getting this)
*Dark Council Diorama
*Stone Trolls
*battle Troll
*Open to suggestions
(I'm open to whatever ideas you guys give. I'm mainly looking for baddies.
I have some SW's stuff as well. Jabba diorama, Darth Maul-PF etc.) Looking for mainly LOTR. My first time posting sorry

Welcome to the board first off. :duff The stuff you have is very impressive. :rock

I'd get Saruman, Stone Trolls, and the Battle Troll. You can get the larger version of Orthanc from Weta which is cheaper. You might also think about the Ugluk statue or Berskerker statue.

Hi bud, thanks. Ya a lot of $ and time has gone in2 my collection. I'm conflicted on Orthanc (Post Ruin way to $$), or do I hold off for a Smaug PF(hopefully). Stone trolls are also ridiculously priced on ebay. I'm envisioning a giant scene. W all mordor armies. Currently everything still boxed and sealed. Never displayed.

Yeah, the post ruin is a lot of money. It's very nice for sure but the new one is equally as nice. I don't know if we will ever see a Smaug pf. That would be such a massive piece I'd say it won't happen, but we will see a much smaller version in the statue line from weta.

Yeah, the post ruin is a lot of money. It's very nice for sure but the new one is equally as nice. I don't know if we will ever see a Smaug pf. That would be such a massive piece I'd say it won't happen, but we will see a much smaller version in the statue line from weta.

:goodpost:

A Smaug PF would fill an entire room!!!

I am SOOOOOO excited to see him in DOS!! :panic:

He looked EPIC in the small glimpses we saw of him in AUJ :horror

I would recommend Battle Troll from your selection but please try to consider Snow Troll that is off your list. It is as impressive as Cave Troll...

Well I can't think of all the guys, that's why I was hoping some people on here can suggest some pieces.

What's DOS? And how many of the trolls are there?
Cave
Battle
Stone
???
???

I'm guessing Desolation of Smaug; one of the upcoming Hobbit sequels.

When you say Saruman, are you talking the eventual Sideshow PF or a different already released statue?

Last edited:
The Cave Troll should absolutely be your next purchase, but it's not on your list. He's just awesome and considered top tier graily goodness.

Then I would go for:

Stone Trolls
Saruman

Cave troll for SS/weta line, BUT you must get the Uruk-hai berserker PF. You will thank the sculpting gods for this one, as it's the closest thing to perfect Sideshow has ever made.

I own all of your mentioned collection, & much more, but honestly, the Berserker PF will send shivers up/down your spine. Yeah, it's that good, in every way. Good luck on your hunt; you won't regret it.:wave

Saruman, Orthanc and the Stone trolls for sure...

But if you like your baddies, and need a good tip in the right direction, i'd REALLY urge you to look at the Weta Beserker 1/6 statue. The best uruk in the line in my opinion, with the motion of him swinging that sword and the blood pouring down from his helmet.
The uruk-Hai scout swordsman comes close to it though.

And then also have a look at the moria orcs - swordsman and archer. A bit more expensive maybe, but worth it.

I'm running out if real estate fast. Because I still have a decent size Star Wars collection as well. The Beserker is bad azz! I've seen it. I was thinking more along the lines of all the polystone Orcs etc. PF's are huge as is and just 2 many characters. The stone trolls are north of a $1000. Sauramaun I was talking about was the one he had his arm out stretched over the phalantir. If let's say I'm working w/ a roughly $500 budget, which 2(3) would I have a realistic shot at? I like the idea of the trolls that are a couple hundred and wait/save 4 the stone trolls.

Saruman, Gothmog on Warg, Baby Rog are all within that budget and great looking pieces. There are a fair few underated 1/6 scale baddies in the SS/W range that are close to being given away at the moment price wise such as the Orc Brute and Orc warrior :lecture

I already purchased gothmag & Warg, Saramaun will be $ once I find a deal I'm comfortable with. I think it really comes down to
A.) Cave Troll
B.)Stone trolls
C.)Orthanc-undecided on post/pre ruin
D.)Battle/Snow troll combo

Taking in2 consideration $, quantity and overall badazzness. Which makes most sense?

Back