Vinyl Collections

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm pretty new to vinyl's. My first one was over 10 years ago. My second I ordered last week, it doesn't arrive for a while. Third was last night. I know some of you must have a rockin collection. Care to share?

There's a few I'll be after in the future but the price tags are high.

Last edited:
Nothing "rare" per se, but a couple hundred that I haven't listened to in a while. When I was in college and really getting into progressive rock it was awesome to find stuff at the used record store for like .50-$2.00 an album just to try it. I've got some modern vinyl too, mostly Coheed and Cambria and mewithoutYou.

I'll post some of my favorite album covers I own.

caravan_six_front.jpg

027.JPG

gentle-giant-octopus1.png

Last edited:
I used to get a lot of 45s in the early 80s because my father had a record player at his restaurant.

I played the heck out of my Blondie singles back then lol.

I had a few records that cracked in half on one side but I would line it up and still play them (scotch tape helped) but I upgraded to cassettes later. Woohoo!

Blondie_-_Atomic.jpg

Last edited:
LOL. My dad broke a record over my brother's head because he scratched it. Fun times.

YAY!!! A record collection thread!!! I love vinyl and I have a pretty decent collection. I tend to really just buy vinyl now mainly because they come with the mp3 and records are just cooler imo.

I've collected vinyl since the early 80s and have a few hundred LPs, and I only recently started collecting again. Unfortunately the price of vinyl is ridiculous, but if you buy from Amazon they offer AutoRip on certain titles.

I just got the Blade Runner soundtrack on translucent red vinyl today.

YN0udbQ.jpg

My brother and I collected since the late 70's. KISS Dynasty ('79 I believe) was the first record I bought.

The collection's with my brother but we've got the complete collection of: KISS, QUEEN, VAN HALEN, AC/DC, etc. but I'd have to go through the stacks.

Nothing beats listening to music on a record. Drop the needle.

My sister and I have a fairly extensive vinyl collection from our mutually favorite band, Duran Duran. We have all the full albums, foreign variations, and just about every 12" remix and 7" single with picture sleeves they put out since they started. We also have plenty of other artists' albums and singles. We grew up in the late 70s and 80s, so vinyl is really all there was. We absolutely loved getting 7" singles with picture sleeves. Duran Duran in particular had great artwork and design, and it was actually my inspiration to become a graphic designer (currently creative director at a design firm).

I personally have all the Crowded House, Split Enz and Kate Bush albums on vinyl. I have most of Kate's singles with picture sleeves.

I still get albums and singles if the artists put it out solely for the artwork, but that's becoming more rare these days. Kate Bush put out her last 3 albums (2 just last year) in vinyl with great large format booklets.

I just started buying records again. Had some when I was a kid, but something in me decided to get back into vinyl. Anyways this is what I have bought in the last two weeks. Oh and I ordered Oblivion from Mondo as well!

I buy a fair amount, despite not actually having a turntable.

But the artwork looks so much better on it, and I like actually having something to collect. A digital music collection just doesn't cut it.

I buy a fair amount, despite not actually having a turntable.

But the artwork looks so much better on it, and I like actually having something to collect. A digital music collection just doesn't cut it.

:exactly: I do have a turntable nothing special just can't afford a good sound system right now, but the art work is what really drew me in. I love art and it looks way better than just a small cd pamphlet. Also who wouldn't want a decent sized picture of a half naked Katy Perry in there room?

:exactly: I do have a turntable nothing special just can't afford a good sound system right now, but the art work is what really drew me in. I love art and it looks way better than just a small cd pamphlet. Also who wouldn't want a decent sized picture of a half naked Katy Perry in there room?

Yeah, I technically have a turntable, but it's one of those Crosley (sp?) things designed to look vintage. It gets the job done when listening to Neil Hamburger albums, or the Chipmunk Christmas album, but I wouldn't bother with much of anything.

I looked into a turntable, and it seemed like a good one requires a fair amount of research and / or money, so I immediately gave up.

Yeah, I technically have a turntable, but it's one of those Crosley (sp?) things designed to look vintage. It gets the job done when listening to Neil Hamburger albums, or the Chipmunk Christmas album, but I wouldn't bother with much of anything.

I looked into a turntable, and it seemed like a good one requires a fair amount of research and / or money, so I immediately gave up.

You can get a decent set for 300-500. Not too much research involved. If you have any questions go to https://boards.vinylcollective.com/

My $130 Technics turntable I bought like 15 years ago still does the trick. I really don't see the point in audiofile turntables when these work pretty good.

My sister and I have a fairly extensive vinyl collection from our mutually favorite band, Duran Duran. We have all the full albums, foreign variations, and just about every 12" remix and 7" single with picture sleeves they put out since they started. We also have plenty of other artists' albums and singles. We grew up in the late 70s and 80s, so vinyl is really all there was. We absolutely loved getting 7" singles with picture sleeves. Duran Duran in particular had great artwork and design, and it was actually my inspiration to become a graphic designer (currently creative director at a design firm).

DD were some of the first albums I ever bought on vinyl back in the day. So cool it influenced your career choice. :rock

Tiny portion of my collection. The Gaslight Anthem Sink or Swim Test Pressing and the original pressing Husker Du Zen Arcade are some of my prized possessions.

DD were some of the first albums I ever bought on vinyl back in the day. So cool it influenced your career choice. :rock

Cool! Thanks Waller!

I actually studied art most of my youth, but diverged to design in college because I always went back to the graphics of those DD albums.

And, you know, I wanted a job. ;)

(Although I must add that my wife is a successful artist in her own right, having exhibited everywhere from NY to Europe. But she does have a day job--college prof).

Oh man, the days of perusing a record store stoned out of your mind just checking out cover art while listening to music that the employess played on the stereo with the album on the wall with the "now playing" sign underneath..................good times............:peace

Back