Welcome to CollectorFreaks.com! Register today to gain full access to the forums. Registration is quick and easy!
Advanced Search
Page 3 of 136 FirstFirst 12345671353103 ... LastLast
    Super Freak
    Feedback
    32 (100%)

Default Re: Vinyl Collections

Quote Originally Posted by TurdFerguson View Post

I've got Closer hanging in my office.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    74 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cokebabies View Post

I've got Closer hanging in my office.
    Got it right behind this one in my collection. While I like Unknown Pleasures more as a whole, Closer has some of my favorite songs by them. Twenty Four Hours, Eternal and Decades.
    We kill everyone with
    Arrowheads

Super Freak
    Feedback
    32 (100%)
    Got it right behind this one in my collection. While I like Unknown Pleasures more as a whole, Closer has some of my favorite songs by them. Twenty Four Hours, Eternal and Decades.
    If I hung all my stuff up, my wall would look like some crummy Hard Rock Cafe. So it was a tough call, UP has the more iconic cover, but Closer is definitely my favorite album. So I went with Closer. Plus, UP is usually everywhere, Closer not so much.

Good call on TFH, that's my favorite song of theirs full stop. But for me, there isn't a single track on Closer I don't love, whereas on UP, while I like them all, there are a couple that I'd have to put in the bottom JD percentile. If only by default. There's only a handful of JD songs I'm "eh" on.

Now I have to go listen to TFH. I can't do all of Closer tonight, but I need some TFH. That bassline almost makes me physically ill, it is possibly the most depressing tone I've ever heard.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    74 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by cokebabies View Post
    If I hung all my stuff up, my wall would look like some crummy Hard Rock Cafe. So it was a tough call, UP has the more iconic cover, but Closer is definitely my favorite album. So I went with Closer. Plus, UP is usually everywhere, Closer not so much.

Good call on TFH, that's my favorite song of theirs full stop. But for me, there isn't a single track on Closer I don't love, whereas on UP, while I like them all, there are a couple that I'd have to put in the bottom JD percentile. If only by default. There's only a handful of JD songs I'm "eh" on.
    Have you seen Control?
    We kill everyone with
    Arrowheads

Super Freak
    Feedback
    32 (100%)
    Have you seen Control?
    AAAAAAAAAHHHHHH don't quote my pre-edited post

But yeah, I really like it. That shot of his HATE jacket is my avatar on a few sites, and was here for a bit.

I really liked it. While Sam Riley's Curtis was a bit different than what I would envision him to be like, based on all the biographies, etc, he was amazing. And I literally would pay to have a DVD of a JD concert re-enacted by the cast in that movie - the concert scenes were phenomenal.

But for my money, the "Joy Division" documentary gets my more frequent re-views. Very well done.

The weakest JD movie for me is 24 Hour Party People. I actually quite like the movie, but their depictions of the band, especially Curtis, are just flat out wrong.

Super Freak
    Feedback
    15 (100%)
    I recall the big kids at the bus stop in the 80's always carrying this record album around... by the time I got into IM it was purely cassettes for me...

"Did you really believe a child like you could be Dungeon Master?
    This is your worst mistake ever here, and it will be your last!" Hidden Content

Freaked Out!
    Feedback
    5 (100%)
    I have about 200 albums and singles on vinyl, I think.
    Quite a lot Iron Maiden albums (well, all albums, and quite a lot of rare versions and singles).

and various regular and rare vinyls from lots of other metalbands.

My newest additions:
    Nothing lasts forever but the certainty of change

Banned

Feedback
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Duck View Post
    I just started buying records again. Had some when I was a kid, but something in me decided to get back into vinyl. Anyways this is what I have bought in the last two weeks.
    OMG, is that the Between the Buried and Me Parallax set from RSD? I so wanted that but there aren't any vinyl stores around me. Very nice...

As for me, I've been collecting records my whole life. My mom gave me her original Beatles albums as a kid and that got me going. I've got a couple of hundred stashed away until I can ever get my turntable set up again. I have picked up a few new records but it's usually for a signing or a favorite album. I plan on picking up a few more if I can find them reasonably.

You wish it, I dish it... MODERATOR
    Feedback
    20 (100%)
    I love my Elton John and Kiki Dee (1976) Vinyl Single.
    Ooooo and my Pinky and Perky's Hit Parade LP(1968).

I've not listened to either of them or the rest of my LP's and records for years, I don't even have a record player but I love them dearly.
    x

Quote Originally Posted by Batty View Post
    I've collected vinyl since the early 80s and have a few hundred LPs, and I only recently started collecting again. Unfortunately the price of vinyl is ridiculous, but if you buy from Amazon they offer AutoRip on certain titles.

I just got the Blade Runner soundtrack on translucent red vinyl today.

Got that too, it's very nice.