Why is the Bucky PF selling so low

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabid_wolf

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just wondering. I noticed how low these were going for on the secondary market recently. Its a decent looking statue and better than some of the other ones out there. Thoughts?

It's because it's more appreciated by people who have read es brubakers run. I personally think its awesome and is a keeper :)

I love the comic run. Easily one of my favorites and IMO one of the best written comic runs ever, can't wait for the new Cap movie. Having said all that I just really don't like the costume. Caps one of my favorite characters and his costume might just be the best in comics. Nothing else can compare.

What I would absolutly die for would be a Winter Solider PF. That would be awesome.

Just wondering. I noticed how low these were going for on the secondary market recently. Its a decent looking statue and better than some of the other ones out there. Thoughts?

great statue and great paint application. sold my EX recently for $359 shipped. i'm getting out of marvel statue collecting and have been buying just hot toys and the hobbit collectibles.

So the consensus appears to be the character is not appreciated rather than the quality of the statue

So the consensus appears to be the character is not appreciated rather than the quality of the statue

pretty much, i'm a hard core marvel collector, even ones I know very little about and this one I just had zero interest in. Already had the original Cap PF and then the movie version came out not long after this one and I think that also hurt the value of him as well.

I love the comic run. Easily one of my favorites and IMO one of the best written comic runs ever, can't wait for the new Cap movie. Having said all that I just really don't like the costume. Caps one of my favorite characters and his costume might just be the best in comics. Nothing else can compare.

What I would absolutly die for would be a Winter Solider PF. That would be awesome.

That's a PF I really want.

Regarding Bucky that's a PF I quite like but I won't be buying it as I now own the Steve Rogers PF but if space wasn't an issue I would of still gone for it. There's only one character I would buy multiple's of & that would be Spider-Man.

Don't know why, it's really nice pf, my friend try to sell it with retailer but no one wants it

I think it's a really good statue. But the reasons so far, it's not Steve, it's not classic, the movie version, all are true.

But as a comic book reader, while I enjoyed Bucky's stint as Cap and thought it was cut short way too soon (and if you look at the timing, it was done for a very obvious reason), it was just that: a stint. A brief moment in the history of Cap that didn't last long in the grand scheme of things. Much like "Great Ultron," who lasted an even shorter amount of time.

While there's a few PFs I would probably buy based on a particular story line or moment, overall for myself I want the characters in their most recognized looks since I'll be displaying them for years. They need to be:
- Classic costumes like Steve Rogers Cap, Blue & Red Spidey, yellow Wolverine, Green Hulk.
- Popular costumes like Black/Symbiot Spidey, Grey Hulk, Brown Wolverine, Extremis Iron Man. Not classic, but everyone knows them, and a lot prefer them.
- Or at the very least, consistent costumes like Ms. Marvel and Psylocke (in the comics they switch to other costumes, but eventually come back to the look we all know)

Plus like stated, a PF of Bucky as Winter Soldier would be better anyway. The design has potential to make a great PF, at least more detailed than the typical Marvel PF, and it's truer to the character as how he was brought back.

winter-soldier-past.jpg
winter-soldier-1-576-cropped.jpg

And sorry for the double post, please oh please, NO MOVIE VERSION if they ever do a Winter Soldier PF, I forgot that's the basis of the next Cap movie...keep it comics, Long hair head and short hair head, pick one as the Ex, switch out guns, cloth the straps, belt and pouches, sculpt the actual costume, Ex at 500 or less, 1000 Regs and walla!, a great PF!

For me it's a good PF from the base up to the chest. The polystone and especially the colours of it don't work with the mixed media. The headsculpts aren't great either.

For me it's a good PF from the base up to the chest. The polystone and especially the colours of it don't work with the mixed media. The headsculpts aren't great either.

:exactly:

More like who is comicbookguy?:monkey1

:thwak comicbookguy is a big comic book fan! :wave

Wow this guy had his own comic run? How could that happen? I think the liefeld agent America was one of the best characters. I would love a PF on that one! :pray:

Comicbookguy I think you should read a comic before commenting on a character :)
Bucky cap was a great character and one of my fav runs the statue is great and very dynamic. However reg is better.
And please don't start the liefeld debate again there's too much evidence

Back