Dying to know about the Dr Doom PF..

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ComedicHistorian

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I imagine this has probably been talked about at length but I can't really find a definitive answer......why is this PF so desirable? I consistently see it listed on eBay for more than $2,000. Why? I understand the prices for the Wolf, P1 Pred, and Alien Warrior busts, the MR Falcon and Y-wing etc but a Dr. Doom Premium Format? It's a beautiful piece but 2k...school a newbie...please?

small edition size. rock solid. old school sideshow. very detailed. one of sideshows best along with the hulk PF. don't make em like that anymore.. not even close

I imagine this has probably been talked about at length but I can't really find a definitive answer......why is this PF so desirable? I consistently see it listed on eBay for more than $2,000. Why? I understand the prices for the Wolf, P1 Pred, and Alien Warrior busts, the MR Falcon and Y-wing etc but a Dr. Doom Premium Format? It's a beautiful piece but 2k...school a newbie...please?

No clue. IMO, it should be worth about $700, no more.

small edition size. rock solid. old school sideshow. very detailed. one of sideshows best along with the hulk PF. don't make em like that anymore.. not even close

This :lecture . Sideshow just doesn't make statues that high quality anymore.

I owned the regular and it was one of my favorite statues...when we moved all cabinets out to the living room., someone offered me $1950 and I couldn't pass that much $ up.

Though i do think its a top notch piece I agree 2k is too much for any PF. Only if you have serious money to burn should you get this. Otherwise just order new statues(4 of em for what u would pay for a doom pf!).

The detail and quality is insane. It is the only Sideshow piece that could be considered in a class with the great MR studio scales. it is less a statue, and more a work of art.

It really does look like an incredible piece, another reason I kick myself daily for not getting into this hobby earlier. 2k IS a lot for a PF but I somehow love that this one seems to transcend that for some. Thanks for all the input guys.

Best statue from marvel line, no matter the size, weight, detail. Anything you say, he is perfect in any way.

I have never been a big fan of this piece. However, I think the Doom LSF ROCKS! That may just be the finest statue I've ever seen based on the pics of the prototype. If I was going to drop 2K on a Doom statue, the LSF would be the one I go with. It just BLOWS that SSC doesn't number their LSF pieces. It's impossible for me to drop 2K on a statue that has an open ES. :gah:

I have this, and it is worth the $2k I paid in everyway possible. It is the finest statue I have in my collection and the very 1st one I got. When you think about it $2k is but a pittance to what you will end up spending once you get in this hobby so if there's any statue I'd be willing to pony up because I missed out, it would hands down be this statue.

In addition to what bodie says (which is all true IMO), this is a very popular character, a great design, and is popular because of the scale. Sure, you can get a much larger one soon for a comparable price (Legendary Scale figure), but 1/4 scale PFs are more popular in terms of scale. So, demand is higher. . .also, the old PF will probably have the same amount of polystone as the new LSF will have (as the new one will probably be very thin and very hollow) :monkey1

Personally, I always thought the cowl looked a bit awkward on this guy, though I know I'm in the minority.

The more time you spend trying to comprehend spending $2k the less likely you'll have it so like Nike says "JUST DO IT!"

tumblr_lka9rhi8aT1qadbq2o1_400.gif

Back