Big Chief Studios 1/6 Amy Pond

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mau

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just posted on FB.

Amy Pond 1:6 Scale Collector Figure Customer Update

Following on from our last post and the images of the pre-production sample, we wanted to update you all with shipping details for our Amy Pond 1:6 Scale Collector Figure.

A number of customers have voiced their concerns over the look of the figure, Unfortunately at this late stage in the process we are unable to stop production prior to shipping.

We feel certain that simply apportioning blame to the photography of the figure, would be viewed as an excuse by some customers. That said, in hindsight the photographs were very poor and should never have been posted. At the risk of contradicting ourselves, the figure does genuinely look much, much better in hand than it does in the photographs. We honestly feel confident that once you have the figure in your hands, you too will be happy. Since we posted the images we have made further tweaks and improvements to both the costume and the hair styling.

However, taking the comments into account and by way of an apology for the lengthy delays, we have made the decision to manufacture an alternate head for Amy. This head will feature accurately styled sculpted hair as opposed to the rooted hair of the figure. This alternate head is currently about to be tooled and will start production next month.

Once you have received your Amy Pond figure, if you are still unhappy with it, then the alternate head will be available to you free of charge, for the cost of shipping only. The alternate head will be available to those customers who have ordered the Amy Pond figure only. We will post some images on our website and here on Facebook soon.

In the meantime we wanted to share some images of the Amy Pond figure production line. We will be travelling to China this week to supervise the final checks and shipping of the stock. You will receive Amy Pond soon and we genuinely believe that you will be happy once you have your figure in hand.

As always we thank you for your continued patience and support.
The BIG Chief Team

Re: Big Chief- Doctor Who, The 11th Doctor (Matt Smith)1/6th scale review + pics

So...if people purchase Amy from a store besides Big Chief, I wonder if they can still get the alternate head...

Sadly, I'm still a bit on the fence here. Really didn't love her outfit.

Re: Big Chief- Doctor Who, The 11th Doctor (Matt Smith)1/6th scale review + pics

The thing I realized about the whole "it looks better in hand" phenomenon is that it's just that the trolls and people who just "drive-by" don't offer their comments anymore. Any thread has people just dropping in, offering their thoughts, most of them are going to be negative, because they're not really interested in the figure.

It's not that it actually does look better in hand, it's just that you have less people complaining about it, because the people who actually have it in hand, wanted to buy it and are already wanting to think positively about it. I've been in this game a long, long time. And I've never seen a photo of a figure look THAT much different from what it looks like in hand. I've seen crappy photos of a good figure, and the figure still looks good.

I've seen good photos of a good figure, that make the figure look rather poor. But it lets me know the figure is good from far, but far from good.

Just posted on FB.

Amy Pond 1:6 Scale Collector Figure Customer Update

Following on from our last post and the images of the pre-production sample, we wanted to update you all with shipping details for our Amy Pond 1:6 Scale Collector Figure.

A number of customers have voiced their concerns over the look of the figure, Unfortunately at this late stage in the process we are unable to stop production prior to shipping.

We feel certain that simply apportioning blame to the photography of the figure, would be viewed as an excuse by some customers. That said, in hindsight the photographs were very poor and should never have been posted. At the risk of contradicting ourselves, the figure does genuinely look much, much better in hand than it does in the photographs. We honestly feel confident that once you have the figure in your hands, you too will be happy. Since we posted the images we have made further tweaks and improvements to both the costume and the hair styling.

However, taking the comments into account and by way of an apology for the lengthy delays, we have made the decision to manufacture an alternate head for Amy. This head will feature accurately styled sculpted hair as opposed to the rooted hair of the figure. This alternate head is currently about to be tooled and will start production next month.

Once you have received your Amy Pond figure, if you are still unhappy with it, then the alternate head will be available to you free of charge, for the cost of shipping only. The alternate head will be available to those customers who have ordered the Amy Pond figure only. We will post some images on our website and here on Facebook soon.

In the meantime we wanted to share some images of the Amy Pond figure production line. We will be travelling to China this week to supervise the final checks and shipping of the stock. You will receive Amy Pond soon and we genuinely believe that you will be happy once you have your figure in hand.

As always we thank you for your continued patience and support.
The BIG Chief Team

So...if people purchase Amy from a store besides Big Chief, I wonder if they can still get the alternate head...

Sadly, I'm still a bit on the fence here. Really didn't love her outfit.

I skipped amy SOLY becuase of the rooted hair. Now that we know they're IS it too late to order one now... and/or do i have to order DIRECTLY from Big chief or not ?

I can't take pics worth crap, but I'm willing to give Amy a chance here. I would like to see some pics of the sculpted hair before she ships, cause i tend to like that look a bit more. I would really like to see this pic successful to stand next to 11 though. Interesting shots of the body design as well on fb, we haven't seen their female torso yet, but they seem to be able to build it faster than sc.

I'm interested to see if those of us who ordered her from anyone other than BCS will be able to get the corrected head as well? I don't see why we wouldn't.

Though the photos are small and blurry, I can already tell Amy has more of a flesh coloring than what we saw in the previous pics that we saw. She won't look like a vampire/ zombie now. That much I'm pretty assured of.

It's nice to see things finally happening. I'm looking forward to seeing how Amy turns out, but unfortunately I can't afford her.

would be a really good time for BC to release or start a preorder for a accessory pack with the docs new outfit seen in the new eps.
Yes please.

The head will be available to everyone! If purchased from any other place besides BCS you'll just have to provide proof of purchase. That is very reasonable.

I think the second sculpt is a great solution.

But why are they posting production shots instead of good shots of the figure? While she may well look better in-hand, there is no figure which looks good in hand which cannot have a good photo taken of it as well.

I think the second sculpt is a great solution.

But why are they posting production shots instead of good shots of the figure? While she may well look better in-hand, there is no figure which looks good in hand which cannot have a good photo taken of it as well.
Good question, I'd like to know this as well.

Honestly, I'm really impressed by Big Chief and their willingness to listen to the customers. How many other companies would offer this to us? I haven't seen Hot Toys, Sideshow, Enterbay or Medicom say their is an alternate head, in case you aren't please with the original.

I'd almost need a guarantee of a second outfit for Amy before buying her, because I'm just iffy on the current one.

I've created this new thread of Amy discussion.
547473_10152297912446002_327701387_n.jpg

Honestly, I'm really impressed by Big Chief and their willingness to listen to the customers. How many other companies would offer this to us? I haven't seen Hot Toys, Sideshow, Enterbay or Medicom say their is an alternate head, in case you aren't please with the original.

An alternate head which you have to request specially, tell them you don't like the original, and then pay extra shipping for?

I'm mixed. I'm glad they are trying to take care of the problem. But I wish they had just made the figure right in the first place. And the alternate head should ideally be included in the original box instead of asking us to all complain and then pay extra shipping.

Whether I buy or not now depends 100% on the photos they supply.

An alternate head which you have to request specially, tell them you don't like the original, and then pay extra shipping for?

I'm mixed. I'm glad they are trying to take care of the problem. But I wish they had just made the figure right in the first place. And the alternate head should ideally be included in the original box instead of asking us to all complain and then pay extra shipping.

Whether I buy or not now depends 100% on the photos they supply.

I imagine they're hoping not everyone will want the additional head.

I do think this is above and beyond we'd see from most companies. And it will make it extra collectible. Personally I thought the production paint was lacking a bit, but it didn't turn me off from the figure. And to have this shows they are really trying to make a go of it in the 1/6 world. They know how insular and picky a lot of us are in this hobby and they are responding.

I think I'll go order a 2nd Amy.

Awesome customer service, there. Still waiting to see some people's in-hand pics before I take the plunge, though. Looking forward to it!

Back