Which Batman should be in the Justice League movie?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Batman should be in the Justice League movie?

• Nolanverse Batman (between BB & TDK)

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Nolanverse Batman (post-TDKR)

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Rebooted Batman

Votes: 48 64.9%
  • Burtonverse Batman

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Schumacher-verse Batman

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Other (please describe below)

Votes: 3 4.1%

• Total voters
Blue and gray comic Batman. I'm tired of the all black suit Batman in the muscled rubber gimp suit.

I think we need to see more detective in the next Batman. All action and little investigation makes Batman seem like a shallow character.

Rebooted Batman. It has to be somewhat believable that he would be of use alongside superpowers. His detective, problem solving and leadership skills all need to be heightened.

I'm going to go with Schumacher. A JL movie definitely needs Bat-nipples ... and Alicia Silverstone. Maybe a show-tune or two. Val Kilmer is only 250 lbs. How bad could it be? Why even include that one?

Also ... Michael Keaton is 61. And, if Burton re-cast Batman, he'd probably cast Johnny Depp. So ... no.

If you're sticking with movie interpretations as the basis -- its either Nolan/Bale-Wayne, Nolan/JGL-Blake, or a recast. And, it can't really be a pre-TDKR Nolan Batman, either. Either would need to be post-TDKR to make any sense at all.

I'm fine with either Nolan/Bale or a recast (I hesitate to say 'reboot' because they don't need another origin). A continuation of continuity past TDKR would be fine with me ... but I'd prefer they find an excuse to bring Bruce Wayne out of exile. Nolan/Blake, I'm a little iffy ... but I'd watch it.

A recast is fine. No need for an origin, though.

SnakeDoc

Just ignore TDKR and say that Justice League Bale Batman exists in a post Dark Knight world where he's still around. An alternate world where he's still Batman, Gotham distrusts him, etc. A world where that stuff from TDKR and that Italy crap never happened.

Or just reboot and make an already established Batman. Sort of like the '89 Keaton Batman. No origin, he's already out there doing his thing.

If they use Henry Cavill as Superman, they need to pull Bale's TDKR Batman out of retirement.

Batman doesn't quit. However, he does occasionally tell the world to **** off for a bit.

No need to reboot or retcon. No need to make him a figment of surrealist fantasies. Bring him into his own as the comic/cartoon character that he would have evolved into had Heath Ledger not died, Nolan not got disinterested, and people not become bored with the best live Batman to date.

If Timm would serve as a godfather to the story aspect i think they could come up with somthing pretty epic. My only conern would be if he could translate somthing into live action. Some of the stories he had told have been steller and the DC Animated Epics are being cranked out.

In terms of Batman, id say Reboot with a batman who is already doing his thing. We know the origin and we know what he stands for.
That being said, Bale is a great actor, and a great Batman, i feel like he deserves to be atleast considered and approached first, i believe in that sort of thing.

I went with rebooted. As interesting a thought as using Bale's Batman is - just too wierd.

Agreed. Bale's Batman had a good ending, him being in the JL would just take away from that. Rebooted Batman for sure.

Timm could easily be for DC what Whedon is for Marvel. But WB won't have the *****.

I agree, but as i said the transition to live action could be difficult. Batman Mask of the Phantasm is still one of my favorite batman stories, that was very well done and could be done compeletly in live action.

WB plays it very very safe, but they could feel comfortable with TIMM since hes been working there a bizillion years. They need a team of all stars.

Back