NECA ET Replica Stunt Puppet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jra81984

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Forgive me if there is a thread on this already, but I did not see anything posted here.

It looks like this Summer NECA will be releasing a stunt puppet replica for ET!

One thing I do observe is that he is a little smaller than what the actual character was, but it does look to have a decent likeness, and the price is not too crazy. Judging by the gremlins comparison, I would say he is about 32" tall. It is up for preorder on Bigbadtoystore.com for $250.

https://necaonline.com/40000/products/collectables/prop-replicas/e-t-prop-replica-stunt-puppet-replica-order-deadline/

Does anyone here have the gremlin ones and are able to speak on quality, etc? The images look really interesting.

Last edited:
Awesome - I'd love this in a more manageable scale for display, but I PO'd anyway. Thanks for the heads up! :)

I put my preorder in - the Neca site says this is limited to one run only. I certainly do not expect movie quality production / paint work. I am just hoping for an epic display piece.

This is wicked cool and he's huge compared to the Gremlin. It's too bad I'm not more of an ET fan.

I wonder what other prop replicas NECA is going to make? A Ghostbusters Stay Puft marshmallow man would be awesome.

Pretty badass... bummer it's not 1:1 and instead an odd in-between scale. But for $250 you aren't gonna beat that deal.

BTW, anyone know how tall ET is supposed to be? I'm really thinking about getting this, but don't know how I'll feel about a semi-underscaled version :huh

This is wicked cool and he's huge compared to the Gremlin. It's too bad I'm not more of an ET fan.

I wonder what other prop replicas NECA is going to make? A Ghostbusters Stay Puft marshmallow man would be awesome.

:exactly: THIS!!

Pretty badass... bummer it's not 1:1 and instead an odd in-between scale. But for $250 you aren't gonna beat that deal.

BTW, anyone know how tall ET is supposed to be? I'm really thinking about getting this, but don't know how I'll feel about a semi-underscaled version :huh

The illusive concepts version measures in at 44" high. The base has some thickness to it, so I would put that one at a height of about 39/40 inches. I am not sure how accurate the scale of that one was either. It was supposedly based upon real molds, even though the statue itself had some flaws.

If you look at scenes in the movie 36" seems to be the right height, but who knows. Plus doesnt his head always go up and down anyways? can be whatever height he wants lol. If another studio did produce a life sized model of the character, the price would be off the charts. I am comfortable with this representation for $250, even if he might be slightly under scaled.

Yeah, I mean that's a lot of collectible when you consider the 1/6 Hulk is $300.

I'm gonna give a hard look at my collection room and see if I can squeeze him in somewhere. The price and iconic nature of ET make this very hard to pass on.

I preordered mine. What would be nice is if there was a way to add glass or realistic acrylic eyes to the head. I have a guy who does really nice realistic prosthetic eyes thats willing to do E.T.'s eye size.

I guess we'll wait and see how the final product looks.

I think glass eyes and maybe a light-up finger would be awesome additions... and probably doable as a custom project.

My main concern is how it will age over time, being that it is made of latex / foam. I would almost prefer if it was made out of plastic or something similar. Does anyone have experience with collectables made from this material?

Back