Hot Toys / Sideshow Global Statistics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

actionfigurefury

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Does anyone by chance happen to have or know of or know where I can find global statistics about the popularity of Hot Toys / Sideshow. I've searched around but found nothing.

I was browsing some European sites and it doesn't seem like they carry many Hot Toys / Sideshow products at all but from reading the forums many people are into these products there.

The statistics don't have to be real detailed. I just want to compare different regions.

samuel_L_Jackson.gif
samuel_L_Jackson.gif
samuel_L_Jackson.gif
samuel_L_Jackson.gif

samuel_L_Jackson.gif
samuel_L_Jackson.gif
samuel_L_Jackson.gif
samuel_L_Jackson.gif

You would need to email retailers in the region you are interested in and ask them how many of each figure they've sold.

But, it's not likely that they'll share that information with you.

You would need to email retailers in the region you are interested in and ask them how many of each figure they've sold.

But, it's not likely that they'll share that information with you.

That's what I was afraid of. I was hoping someone already did this. Or maybe Hot Toys / Sideshow published sales statistics at some point. Oh well.

Probably Hot Toys is most popular on regions of East Asia, Southeast Asia and North America. But dunno, just guessing :D

I know on the recent Hottoyscast they interviewed someone from Sideshow and he said European sales were strong too. I was just curious if there were some statistics to back that up.

That's what I was afraid of. I was hoping someone already did this. Or maybe Hot Toys / Sideshow published sales statistics at some point. Oh well.
--

You and others could very see such information being "expected" and/or made readily available supposedly, but the fact & reality is that any company such as HOT TOYS or SIDESHOW have no obligation or responsibility to share such specific data along the lines of what you're inquiring about with the public, but such data would only be relevant internally to their marketing/sales and corporate heads (i.e. owner(s) of the company).

The most we'll know is either edition size or if it sold out among other general/known data (i.e. how popular was it among collectors, etc.).

You could certainly try asking them, but don't be surprised if you get a "It's none of your business." reply.

Back