Polystone Repairs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigb888

Freakzoid
Reaction score
Has anyone had small chips on their statues repaired?

If so, have the results been to expectations?

I'd appreciate if anyone could please PM me details of anyone that's able to provide a repair service in Australia (NSW or VIC).

Thanks!

Hello

I'm in UK and just to let you know not to worry they can be repaired
providing the person knows what they are doing and has the correct materials.

I have done many statue repairs from cracks . to chips to full limbs of.
Hope you manage to sort this out buddy

Hi jitsu

Thanks for the reassuring words mate. It's always difficult when something happens to a statue because you can't seem to take your eyes off the imperfection no matter how small :(

Hey mate.
Thought you were gonna send pictures so I can show a mate if he could fix it for you.
Either way hope it can be fixed.
Cheers.

It is a matter of sanding the chip down with the finest wet n dry known to man.
Then colour matching which is the hard part depending on the colour
especially metallic.
Or the chip can be filled and sculpted and then sanded depending on how
deep the chip is and the are were the chip is.
As if it is just paint sanding is the better option , but if it is in the resin itself then fill it.

Hi jitsu

Thanks for the reassuring words mate. It's always difficult when something happens to a statue because you can't seem to take your eyes off the imperfection no matter how small :(

No worries buddy , just letting you know there are people out there whom can sort this out for you.

Yeah i know exactly what you mean as i often stand there looking at my statues waiting for chips to appear:slap

And how is it statues seem to get damaged even thought they have been in cabinets all there lives?

Put some pics up pal and we can help you out.

Bumping this - I need someone to repair my Darth Talon (can provide pics) and am also in Australia. Please let me know if anyone can help out. I have the box, so shipping is no problem, but overseas shipping will be really expensive, so hoping to avoid if possible.

Hey mate, get in touch with INFECDEAD from these forums. He's in NSW.

On that note, I still need to send mine off...had to have an operation and everything I had to do got pushed aside lol

Wow great thread! I need this info and tips on repairing cracks and chips. What kind of resin or clay is best as the filler for chip parts? Where is one to buy this? I wished someone could posts some on YouTube for us all to learn from. As for paint how do one apply them? Brush or airbrush only? Brush will leave strokes, so i have no clue. Any info would help greatly. :)

It all depends on the type of damage: paint cips, resin chips, cracks, broken parts. Airbrushing is preferrable for any metallic. I have hand painted tiny paint chips. Color matching is the hardest part.

Pinning something that doesn't need paint or putty. Had the shop vac running when drilling holes to keep from contaminating the fabric with resin bits and dust.
IMG_1687_zps0e871872.jpg

Broken part. Pinned puttied and painted. Not a perfect fix. I airbrushed silver on the arm then covered with clear green. The Tamiya silver did not have fine enough particles. Should have used a chrome paint. I also put the clear green a little too heavy. Looks ok at a distance.
ah_rogue-fix.jpg

Broken part and chipped resin. Pinned, puttied and painted

amberrepaircopy1.jpg

Last edited:
Hey mate, get in touch with INFECDEAD from these forums. He's in NSW.

On that note, I still need to send mine off...had to have an operation and everything I had to do got pushed aside lol

Just as a heads up, I did exactly as suggested. INFECDEAD did an amazing job, repaired my talon wonderfully, I'm so happy she's standing again :D

Hello

I'm in UK and just to let you know not to worry they can be repaired
providing the person knows what they are doing and has the correct materials.

I have done many statue repairs from cracks . to chips to full limbs of.
Hope you manage to sort this out buddy

Hello Jitsu,

Would you share some tips on how to repair a broken statue? I would need to repair mine which has few parts chipped off and was wondering is plain super glue enough or would epoxy glue or something else be better?

Hi Partarausku, just seen your question regarding repairing your statues. I'm currently in the process of repairing a Cinemaquette endoskeleton and I have found Miliput extra fine epoxy to be perfect for making neccessary repairs. It can be sculpted,sanded, drilled and in my repairs I have also polished it using fine sandpaper and micromesh. It can then be primed and painted. Works a treat for me. It's just matching the manufacturer's paint job (as jedi_don said).

Back