[Soldierstory]:1/6 FBI -HRT (Hostage Rescue Team)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kibagami

Super Freak
Reaction score
Finally, some OD greens!

https://www.oscf.net/viewtopic.php?p=22935#22935

I don't really care much for the set; but for damned sure, I'll be getting a couple sets for my Joe team.

211336bc1oor7x011pxx1j.jpg

He's got that perfect dumb look.
211308gnypcg98cpcccbfg.jpg

314f8t4.jpg

Sucks that they didn't include the V-Lights and Manta Strobe the CIRG figure had (I'm missing those from my set). That shotgun ammo strip would be prefect for modernized Flint kitbashes.

I like this better than the black version. Definitely looking out for this if price is good.

I'm only familiar to Sideshow and Hot Toys, which come packaged ready to go. How does a figure like this (from soldier story) work ? Do you just buy the clothing, accessories, and supply your own body or what ?

I'm only familiar to Sideshow and Hot Toys, which come packaged ready to go. How does a figure like this (from soldier story) work ? Do you just buy the clothing, accessories, and supply your own body or what ?

For SS figure, the package itself comes with what is advertised. You get the full body figure with clothing, vest, bag and accessories. Like the lads mention, the best part is really spending time to gear up accessories to the vest.

I started SS with Neptune Spear and since then I am hooked! :wink1: More than 5 figures now. SS is one of the best in this line. I can't wait to get this and U.S. AIR FORCE TACP/JTAC! :impatient:

Exactly what Leafster said, pal :hi5:

And if I may add, I also find Soldier Story's base bodies very impressive. Not brittle, doesn't look/feel cheap, and well-articulated.

While I may not get this since I have the CIRG with better headsculpt, I might get the JTAC with Cheadle head. :)

Exactly what Leafster said, pal :hi5:

And if I may add, I also find Soldier Story's base bodies very impressive. Not brittle, doesn't look/feel cheap, and well-articulated.

While I may not get this since I have the CIRG with better headsculpt, I might get the JTAC with Cheadle head. :)

I agree, I like SS bodies quite a lot, but their heads especially on older figures can be extremely undersized so beware:
soldierstorysoartoddmcd.jpg

I should also add, that the figure pictured there looks fine with his helmet on:
soldierstorysoartoddmcd.jpg

Many of the recent SS figures though have proportionate heads, the CRT guy is one of them.
I'd rank some of SS most recent head sculpts and paint on the same level as Hot Toys, for instance:
usmc35.jpg

It may not look 100% like Aaron Eckhart but it does look incredibly life like.

Last edited:
Not digging the head sculpt but a definite buy (maybe x 2). Passed on the other version but this one looks nice.

I know it's been suggested using the BDUs for GI Joe Greenshirts, but if you remove the patches and use some SSC Joe patches, you have a pretty good modernized Greenshirt right out of the box. Just need to replace the head sculpt for multiples.

The body from this one is a new updated Soldier Story 2.5 body. Changes are a new rubberized upper torso, longer neck with internal neck joint, shorter forearms, longer mid torso, larger lower torso, bigger butt, wider shoulder opening for better movement, and ankles like Hot Toys True Types.
174682d1364559051-soldierstory-fbi-hrt-hostage-rescue-team-fbihrt65.jpg

Go here to see comparison images of the new body:
https://benzheung.blog.163.com/blog/static/58573068201321404724733/

Back