Sense8 (Netflix Series) by Wachowskis and J. Michael Straczynski

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just released on Netflix today. Watched the first episode and it seems interesting enough to continue.
Does remind me a lot of Heroes with the different stories from people from across the world all connecting together at some point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A few episodes in and this show is a bit of a snore fest! Moves way too slowly.

SENS8 - Wachowski's Netflix TV series

So this series was available starting yesterday and before I knew it I'd watched 4 episodes. I said with Jupiter Rising that the studios don't even look at a script when the Wachowski's are involved, they just throw money. Seems that's the case with this series too. It is way too strange for a studio executive to have greenlit knowing what it was.

But it is completely fascinating once you get into it. The first episode is horribly slow and frustrating because you have NO idea what's going on, but it becomes more and more obvious as the series progresses. If this had been on network (NO way it would ever be on network though) I'd probably have dropped it after the first episode. But now that I'm in it, I can't stop.

Cloud Atlas was multi-cultural, but this is multi-cultural, geographically diverse, omnisexual and just plain weird. (Yes, weirder than Cloud Atlas).

I ended up watching all the 12 episodes. I quite liked the last couple because it encompassed all of the characters and I am interested to see where they go from here if there is a second season.

Absolutely would never be made for TV and I wouldn't tune in on a weekly basis to watch it because it does progress very slowly.

There's almost no group of people left out of this show lol. You've got different races, different cultures, transgender, gay - only thing they're missing is a someone with a disability really.

I found the more interesting stories were Nomi, Will and Capheus. Kala's was probably my least favourite and Lito's dragged on way too much.

On episode 6, not sold on it yet but will watch it all through.

I feel like they did everything they possibly could do to be all encompassing and politically correct with the characters. Feels a bit forced.

So i finished the series and i have to admit, i have no idea what the hell i watched.

Started watching it today and binge-watched the first 4 episodes. I'm not sure that I'm gonna stick with it. The story is moving at a frustratingly annoyingly slow pace. It really annoyed me how Will was already told that Nomi was in big trouble in the second episode and then did absolutely jack**** about it 'til nearly the end of the fourth episode.

Hope the story speeds up a bit in the rest of the season.

Started watching it today and binge-watched the first 4 episodes. I'm not sure that I'm gonna stick with it. The story is moving at a frustratingly annoyingly slow pace. It really annoyed me how Will was already told that Nomi was in big trouble in the second episode and then did absolutely jack**** about it 'til nearly the end of the fourth episode.

Hope the story speeds up a bit in the rest of the season.

I watched the whole things and still have no idea what the point of the show was. Kind of wish I stopped watching

I finished it today. Can't say I would recommend it to anyone.

The pacing was too slow, some of the characters bored me, the romance between Will and Riley was incredibly forced and it left a lot of interesting things unanswered like why Whispers is hunting down his own kind.

Just binge-watched this on the recommendation of a friend whose taste in tv shows I generally share. Then went back and watched first episode, and then it made much more sense as an introduction to the eight. Very much a slow burn as far as the plot goes, and I agree that the overarching mythology with Whispers and Angel still doesn't make much sense. This show was renewed for a second season but if it hadn't been, I would probably have felt that based on where it left off with the lack of resolution of Whispers (or even clear explanation), I would have not felt the twelve hours were well spent. That said, I give this show a 4/5, mostly because I like the cultural/sexual diversity of the characters and count that as a big plus.

I read some interview where someone connected to the show said something about science fiction typically not being big on character diversity, but I beg to differ. They may have been referring to science fiction today, with the emphasis on explosions and super powers and such, but the science fiction of my youth was always about pushing and challenging normative ideas about gender and race and sexuality, so that aspect of the show was actually old school and comforting in a way that all media today isn't all about mindless, empty entertainment.

we watched it and its interesting.. BUT... where is this all going ?? its seams a bit without any sense.... is there another season coming ?

I HATE that lesbian and gay stuff putting out that graphically ..... the hetero relationships were not graphic... Yes.. you gay.. I get it ... no head to try to get a knot into your tongs every single damn episode ..its rally annoying ... and Nomi... such an annoying, whiny crying ***** its not even funny anymore...

Rant over..

Van Dame was really likable character ...

we watched it and its interesting.. BUT... where is this all going ?? its seams a bit without any sense.... is there another season coming ?

Thank you, I still have no idea what i watched or why. I heard people talking praise about the show but i have no idea what it is about.

Loved, loved, loved season 2! The story has really picked up and I watched this over a couple of days. Can't wait to see where they go from here.

Back